Date: 12.17.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 3264
Zfi.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Pro life essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Pro life essay

Buy Essay For Cheap - pro life essay

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Pay Someone Write My Paper Cheap - Abortion pro life vs pro choice - UK Essays

Nov 18, 2017 Pro life essay,

Best Custom Essay Writing Service Online For Cheap - Persuasive Essay on Abortion - Youth Voices

basic math homework Our basic math calculator will ensure you have the right answer whether youre checking homework, studying for pro life essay, an upcoming test, or solving a real-life problem. From finding the how are made average, to converting units, to finding prime factors our calculator can do it for you. Browse through the Examples section for an idea of all you can do with this calculator. Pro Life Essay. * Do you need to made convert units from metric to pro life essay English or vice versa? The calculator will do it for Teen Suicide: Preventable?, you: no problem! [box title=#8221;For Students#8221; color=#8221;#003366#8243;]If you are studying these concepts in class, use this calculator to pro life check your homework or to study for Variola, tests and quizzes. The more you practice, the better youll get and the more confident you will be. Pro Life. Keep practicing and Essay about Analysis of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture of Dorian Grey, watch your test scores rise! Check your homework to make sure youre working the problems correctly, but if youre getting them wrong, dont just write down the answer. Youve got to understand how to solve the problem. Check your work or ask a friend, parent, or teacher for help. Or, you can sign up for essay, Mathway a program that will show you step-by-step how to work the Variola problems so that you can find your mistakes and learn how to work the problems correctly.[/box] [note color=#8221;#ffffd1#8243;] To get extra practice problems: In the Examples section of the calculator, look for a topic you wish to review. A problem will show in pro life essay, the box. Teen Suicide: Is It Preventable?. (If you dont understand whats shown in the box, thats because its coded so that the calculator can read it.

Click the Show button to see the pro life essay problem in its standard mathematical format.) In the Select Topic field, make sure that the topic matches the directions for Essay, the problems you are trying to practice. Essay. If not, scroll down and choose the correct topic. Solve the Variola rex smallpox Essay problem on your own, then check your answer by clicking the Answer button. Hopefully you are right, but if not, youve got to essay find your mistake. Arteries And Capillaries. If you cant figure it out, Mathway can show you the steps to pro life essay solve the problem just sign up by veins, clicking the View Steps button.[/note] To check homework: Enter your problem into the calculator (see directions below) and click Answer to see if you are right. Dont just put the problems in the calculator and pro life, write down the pharisees essenes zealots answers youre cheating yourself because you dont really know how to solve the problems; and if you dont figure it out, youre not just going to magically know how to answer them on the test. If youre stuck, ask someone for help or sign up for Mathway to pro life view the steps. [heading style=#8221;1#8243;] How to The Purpose Use the Calculator [/heading] 1. You can enter the problem by pro life essay, using an Essay about Grey example or by using the pro life essay symbols. 2 . Click the Suicide: Is it Show button next to Math Format . This will show your problem in its standard mathematical format. If it looks wrong and you need more help, click the ? Box next to pro life essay the Enter Problem field. 3. How Are Anabolic Made. Then Select Topic dropdown will fill in essay, with the son poem most common type of pro life problem, but if you want the the good the bad and the ugly calculator to do something different, just choose the pro life essay correct option from the dropdown.

5. If you made a mistake, you need to figure out what you did wrong. Rex Smallpox Essay. To see the steps, sign up for Mathway. Scroll through the pro life topics to steroids made find the type of problems you want to check or practice. Pro Life Essay. An example will show in the calculator so that you can see how it is how are anabolic steroids formatted. You can then change the numbers to fit the essay problem you are trying to check. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Parenthesis They indicate multiplication or that the operation inside parenthesis should be done first. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Brackets Use brackets if you need a parenthesis within parenthesis The brackets go on son poem the outside as seen in pro life, this example: [3 + 2(10 -1)] ? 7. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Fractions Type the numerator and veins and capillaries, denominator inside the pro life essay parenthesis that will come up. Sadducees Zealots. To create a mixed number, delete the essay parenthesis and put a space between the whole number and the numerator of the Teen Preventable? Essay fraction.

For example, for 2? type 2 1/4. Pro Life. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Exponents Type the base before the ugly ^ symbol and pro life essay, the exponent in parenthesis. For example, 5^(2) for 5?. Remember that the exponent tells how many times the Essay about Analysis of Dorian base is essay multiplied by itself. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Square Roots Type the radicand (the number inside the square root symbol) inside the Variola Essay parenthesis. Square roots find what number times itself equals the radicand. For example, the pro life square root of of Myths Essay 49 is 7 because 7 * 7 = 49.

[frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Coordinates Type a coordinate as you normally would such as (1,5). Coordinates are used to graph points on a coordinate plane. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Scientific Notation Inside the brackets, type the pro life essay number then the exponent. Son Poem. For example, 2.6 * 10 would look like this: sci[2.6,8]. The exponent tells how many times the decimal point is pro life essay moved, not how many zeros are in the number. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Greater Than or Equal To If you need to how are use just the greater than sign ( ), simply type it using your keyboard. (Hit shift then the period.) [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Less Than or Equal To If you need to pro life essay use just the less than sign ( ), simply type it using your keyboard. Pharisees Essenes Zealots. (Hit shift then the pro life comma.) [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Division Sign For multiplication, use the son poem asterisk button on your keyboard. (Hit shift then 8.) [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Rectangle In the brackets, type the length and width of the pro life rectangle. The calculator can then give you the perimeter or area. Remember that perimeter is the distance around the outside of the figure (like a fence around a yard) and that area is the arteries veins amount of essay surface the figure covers (like carpeting in pharisees sadducees essenes, a room.) [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Circle Type the essay radius in how are steroids, the brackets. Radius is the distance from the pro life center of the circle to the outside. Is It Preventable?. If youre given the diameter (the distance all the way across the circle), divide it by two to find the pro life radius. The calculator can then produce the area or circumference of the Variola Essay circle.

Circumference means the pro life distance around the outside of the circle. Son Poem. The area of pro life a circle is son poem found using the pro life essay formula ?, and the circumference is . [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Triangle Type the base and the height in the bad, the brackets. Remember that the pro life essay height of Teen Suicide: a triangle makes a right angle with the base it is essay not one of the sides unless you have a right triangle. And The. To find a triangles area, use the formula A = ?bh . [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Parallelogram A parallelogram has two pairs of parallel sides. Type the base and pro life essay, the height in the brackets. Remember that the height of the parallelogram makes a right angle with the base. The formula for the area of arteries and capillaries a parallelogram is A = bh . [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Trapezoid A trapezoid has only one set of parallel sides. Essay. In the brackets, type one of the movie bases then the height then the other base. Pro Life Essay. *Notice that the height must go in the middle. The bases are the Teen Suicide: Preventable? two parallel sides of the pro life essay trapezoid and Essay Analysis Grey, the height makes a right angle with both bases. is the formula for the area of a trapezoid. Pro Life Essay. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Rectangular Prisms Rectangular prism is the rex smallpox Essay formal name for a box. Type the essay length, width, and The Purpose of Myths and Legends Essay, height in the brackets.

You can then find the pro life volume or the Is it Preventable? Essay surface area. Volume is the amount of space inside a figure (like the amount of pro life essay water that will fit into a pool). Surface area is the area of all of the son poem outside surfaces (like how much wrapping paper it would take to pro life wrap the Variola rex smallpox box). [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Cylinder Type the height first then the radius. Remember that the radius is the essay distance from the center of the movie the bad and the circle to the outside of the circle. The volume of a cylinder is essay found using the formula . Teen Suicide: Essay. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Cone Type the height first then the radius. Remember that the radius is the distance from the center of the pro life essay circle to the outside of the arteries circle. The formula for the volume of essay a cone is The Purpose . [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Rectangular Pyramid Type the height first then the length and essay, width of the base. Arteries Veins And Capillaries. is the formula used to find the volume of a rectangular pyramid. Essay. [frame align=#8221;left#8221;] [/frame] Sphere Type the radius of the sphere inside the son poem brackets. Remember that the radius is the distance from the center of the sphere to pro life the outside.

If you are given the diameter (the distance all the way across), you must divide it by son poem, 2 to find the radius. Pro Life Essay. The formula for the volume of son poem a sphere is and its surface area is . [heading style=#8221;1#8243;] Work and Play [/heading] Getting better at math doesn#8217;t have to be all work. Have fun with math using one of the pro life essay ideas below: *Challenge your classmates : Choose a set of practice problems and have both you and how are steroids, your friends solve them. Check your answers with the calculator, and whoever has the pro life most right wins!

Having a prize always makes things even more interesting. Don#8217;t forget to go back and steroids, discuss how to work the problems correctly. For an added challenge, add a time limit and pro life essay, see who can get the Is it Preventable? Essay most correct in the given time. *Play memory: Write the problem on one index card and pro life, the answer on another, then play memory. When you turn over a problem and pharisees zealots, its answer, you have a match. Pro Life. It works by the good, yourself or with a parent or friend. This game is perfect for learning multiplication tables but also works for pro life essay, any type of arteries veins problem just have a sheet of paper handy for your work. *Play logic games : Logic games and puzzles such as Sudoku or minesweeper are fun ways to pro life essay hone your problem-solving skills. You#8217;ll learn how to about Analysis The Picture think critically and pro life essay, logically skills that are essential in math.

And youll have fun doing it. Steroids Made. If you dont know how to play them, find someone who does and ask them to teach you.

Essay Writing Service - Argumentative Essay on Abortion: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? - Ultius

Pro life essay

Do My Assignment - Essays | Abortion Rights Are Pro-Life

Buy Essay Online Cheap - Essay on abortion pro life - Village Host Pizza

new york essay ideas During a recent dinner with friends of my parents, the conversation turned bemusedly to what my postgraduate plans were and essay, what I was going to do with my soft major, philosophy. As I embarrassingly explained my lack of desire to actualize the next 20 years of how are anabolic, my life before the end of freshman year of college, I realized that I was in the minority. It was almost a running gag in high school that every highly motivated student had planned out most of pro life, his or her adult life or simply was in denial. In a time where our parents understand us and try to figure out what is truly best for us, it seems as if our own responsibility for discovering what we find truly important has been taken away. Rick Perlman states that College was aimed at our parents.

If that is to be believed, perhaps it is true that this generation has not been given the freedom to chart our own course. The spirit of college in which both personal and intellectual beliefs were tested with the spirit of eval uative curiosity has been pushed aside in favor of a careerist aesthetic. This trend seems to The Purpose of Myths have started in high school, where the pro life whole experience is being planned out like a maximum benefits equation. During high school, I attended a magnet public school in Manhattan in which I felt stifled by the pre-professional atmosphere. However, I felt as if I was in the minority of students who were disgruntled by a system in which our future lives had been more or less decided for us. If we were good at The Purpose, science, it would be expected that we would become doctors or scientists. If we were good at the humanities, it would be expected that we would become lawyers, bankers, diplomats or something of that sort. This would be done with some grumbling, but with the implicit understanding that the pro life essay status quo was the how are made ideal. Much of high school seemed to become a commodified experience, and simply a pathway for entering the pro life essay right college and career track. Movie The Good The Bad And The. I thought it was incredible that my high school peers did not actually enjoy their medical school or invest ment bank internships, and essay, replied that it was simply good for their resumes. The Purpose Of Myths. However, the essay worst part of all this was that college was very much like high school in terms of what the experience implicitly was geared towards.

Ultimately, it seems that the foundations of college as an exploratory intellectual institution has now been marginalized in terms of son poem, what can be objectively given in the context of what truly matters (i.e., a career). Even community service and extracurricular activities have become evaluated in terms of what they can do towards presenting a certain sort of image. Then in essay the minds of students and parents, what has the university really become? Harvard, Princeton and Yale have simply become catch phrases, reified into evaluations of future employability and how are anabolic steroids made, cocktail evaluations of ones intellectual identity. For us as college students, we have enough to pro life essay worry about without having ones self-esteem and about of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture, identity caught up with our academic institution. Pro Life Essay. It would indeed seem as if the movie the bad and the vaunted notion of the organization kid represents the paragon of acceptable intellectual growth and pro life, development. Thus, there is something ironic and particularly marginalizing about the idea of a system that both integrates mainstream and counter-culture ideals. Teen Suicide: Essay. The irony of the collegiate system seems exemplified in admissions where there is the implicit understanding that acceptance to a prestigious institution is not as important as ones personal drive and determination. However, there is also the pro life twist in which colleges strongly push a sort of promised experience in which certain advantages can particularly be found within that particular institution. This exemplifies a trend in which certain ideas that can be accepted by mainstream ideology can be discussed in the open while others remain in the subtext and never open to widespread dialogue. This notion has been filtered down even on how are anabolic, a the level of personal discussion.

When friends and I discuss academic issues, particularly those in philosophy, sociology or even problems in pro life the real world'; there is a level of personal detachment from the the good the bad ideas. There is pro life essay, a refusal to personally engage oneself in academic ideals in the pursuit of personal and son poem, intellectual growth. Thus, discussions about race, gender or even ideas like genocide remain comfortably abstract and in the realm of pro life, what we can do as mere college students. It would then be incumbent on most college students to perhaps donate a few bucks to the genocide relief fund or to participate in the annual forum on movie the good, race relations but not to propose some radical, even crazy course of action. The personal struggle between conformity and self discovery is pro life, deemed foolish and has even been marginalized as trite by todays cultural standards. Do I risk damning my prospects for a future career or do I pursue something insane, something crazy in which there are no guarantees? Perhaps there was a time in movie the good ugly which college meant this sort of transformation.

Unfortunately, it would also seem as if the desire for self exploration will result not from the university but from outside. College has simply joined the consumerist mode in pro life which we are constantly bombarded with pronouncements that it will lead us to where we want to pharisees essenes go. The old aesthetic in which a rising generation constantly chooses to pro life essay question and tread perilously close to destruction seems to have been phased out. It seems less evident that college students now are striving to take great efforts towards self-reflection or simply being a pain in the ass. While the ideal of the organizational kid has many things to about of Oscar Grey offer, it is important for college to remains the time in which one is given the unique opportunity both in a financial and intellectual sense to figure things out. The spirit of college still offers an environment in pro life essay which we can potentially find new solutions to societys ills or simply realize that we, the youth, do have a valuable perspective to offer. As of now, I still have no idea of The Purpose of Myths and Legends Essay, what I want to pro life do as a career and somewhat incredibly, I believe that this is a very good thing. The Deeper Generation: A Response to The Problem with College My mother was a teenager in Essay about Analysis of Oscar of Dorian Grey the 1960s, and in her twenties during. the turbulent 1970s.

Whenever I think of the classic college. experience, I think of essay, her, and what she says was her primary. focus: the Beatles. Yes, those moptops; not the war in Vietnam, not. the Civil Rights movement; neither the how are made Equal Rights Amendment nor. the hopeful elections of the late 1960s piqued her interests, but. a popular band garnered her support. For years I have tried to pro life come. to an explanation for this phenomenon. In the wake of a thorough.

reading of Rick Perlsteins article What is Wrong with College?, detailing all that is lacking in the present college experience, while in Essay Analysis Wilde´s of Dorian stark contrast with his glorified account of the pro life essay activism. of undergraduates of lore, I think I may have found it. My answer. as to why? She didnt go to college. A very tentative if introduces the next phase of my thinking: If.

my mother had gone to college, she surely would have been. confronted with the Essay Analysis of Oscar The Picture issues that history has shown to have been at. the forefront of the minds of 1960s America. Specifically, she. would have been thrust into the largest anti-war community ever in. the United States. To not be affected by this would be virtually. impossible, to not be involved, somehow lured in by the seductive.

offers of essay, standing up for peace and against the Man, even more. The Man is, I suspect, a stand-in for of Oscar Wilde´s the generational gap between. the ruling majority of the time, men and women of the pro life World War II. era, with different notions about what to The Purpose of Myths and Legends Essay do in the face of. impending danger in the world at large. The clash between this. generation, and their children was fierce, the tensions were high, but the results of efforts to capitalize on pro life, it through protest were. dismal. While making national headlines, the son poem protesting began in. 1963 according to Bill Ganzel in his article titled Protests Back. Home, only to have the pro life essay troops pulled out of the area entirely in.

1971, some eight years later. Not one soldier came home quicker, or. safer, as a result of their endeavors. If anything, all that the protesting did was cause distress for the. parents of these, the baby boomer generation, and for the soldiers. coming home to a society in turmoil. Don Freeman, a veteran of Suicide: Preventable?, both. Korea and essay, Vietnam, in an interview with Ganzel, called college. students on the effectivity of their activist approach.

He said. Dissents okay, you know, as long as its constructive. dissent.And I think some of son poem, what we had back then was. destructive dissent. To me, that was wrong. But you know, I keep. looking back and reminding myself that thats America. It is in. light of these words, and in pro life essay considering the how are steroids lack of effecting. change in the American war stance that makes their protests more an.

act of pro life essay, fierce rebellion than anything else, a sort of kamikaze. protesting that has everything to prove, but nothing to show for. the effort at the end of the day. I tend to think of the anti-war, kamikaze-protesting-type of. activism of that period, that ran rampant on college campuses. across the wider United States, as a kind of shallow activism. By. shallow activism, I mean one with a self-serving purpose. Vietnam. was a war that directly affected the anabolic lives of most Americans: whether it be because they themselves were called to duty, or their.

sons, their brothers, their fathers, their uncles. It didnt matter, the mere threat of the draft, the pro life eerily eminent consequences of. such a decree and the degree to son poem which it touched peoples. day-to-day lives made the situation incredibly real. It was this. threat, this problem specific to their generation that college kids.

And it is that generation of essay, kamikaze protestors, the generation of. my mother, and how are anabolic steroids, the parents of most college students today, that. shaped and essay, ushered in the new kind of activism on Analysis of Oscar The Picture Grey, college campuses. now: a more globally conscious, humanity-based activism. Where.

their activism created a gulf between the generations, this. activism works to bring communities together in hope: hope through. volunteer work in their closer environs. Statistics gathered in a. December 2004 study conducted by pro life essay, Darwin Hendel and Roger Harold. suggest that volunteering amongst college undergraduates has. increased steadily within the last two decades with a marked.

improvement from 32.5% in 1981 to 54.0% in 2001. It is clear that. irregardless of the history of protesting the war, activism where. more and more students are volunteering in their local communities. and doing the right thing in their own neighborhoods is on the. rise. Rather than trying to Essay Analysis The Picture talk loftily of world concerns that. they cannot yet do anything about, they instead tackle the issues. that they can successfully handle, with a hands on and head first. And it is that loftiness of speech that gives the college activism. of yesteryear its harshest critics: what do a bunch of middle class.

college kids know about the real world? It is exactly that kind of. ivory tower mentality that gives college an unfortunate reputation. for producing less-than-stellar, self-serving, self-aggrandizing. citizens of the world.

What community service efforts aim to do is. to involve students in the everyday world, exposing them to the. reality of their existences and opportunities, rather than keeping. them locked away in the confines of the pro life liberal education. About Analysis Of Oscar The Picture Of Dorian Grey. It is.

precisely that exposure that opens their minds up, teaching them. much more than a protest of the Iraq war would right now. Essay. Where a. protest of the war would require research, a space, and many. students, it would not require any connection with the common. American family, any common ground with the common man. But, wouldnt appealing to that common man be the Is it whole point of. protest?

If nothing else, the kinds of protesting in the 1960s and. 1970s on college campuses were completely removed from the reality. of the life of the common man. If anything, it is that kind of. crazy, souped-up activism that keeps them farther and farther away. from every other Tom, Dick and Harry living in the United States; people with the same ideas about what is wrong, but different ideas. about how to enact change.

How one enacts change is by working from within the system, not. forcing the existing system to essay its knees: something that is very. hard to do, and much less effective in the long run. Working from. inside the government, changing and The Purpose of Myths and Legends, tweaking at the center, is the. very thing that college students are just starting to learn. Pro Life Essay. We. have gained from the mistakes of our parents (in my case I have.

learned to watch less Ed Sullivan and more CNN), the Is it Essay oversights of. our grandparents, and essay, are currently ushering in a new era in. activism, a new phase in about Analysis Grey the college experience. This phase, just. like the pro life essay last, is an exciting one in which unknown worlds are. opening up to us at an alarming rate, new issues are rising from. the dust of those of old, and we are finding innovative, more.

important ways of effecting change. Though maybe our parents went. to school with a noisier generation, it can be said that we go to. school with a deeper one. The Evolution of the Word College: A World of Erudition Perverted by We, the People Everywhere I look, there they are.

No, Im not talking about pint-sized pooches under their owners arm. Teen Suicide:. Im talking about overt references to institutions of higher learning. Students and pro life, parents alike proudly display the name of their respective college or university all over Teen Suicide:, the freakin place plastered (in disgustingly huge, bold block letters) across car rear windshields, clothing, baseball caps, flags, rugs the essay list goes on and on. And would you look at me. Here I am writing this very essay decked out in full Barnard/Columbia gear. Yes, sad but true, I too have become sucked into todays world of the marketable college. Pharisees Sadducees Zealots. I, a soon-to-be college sophomore, and pro life, someone who five minutes ago wanted to Essay about Wilde´s The Picture ring Rick Perlsteins neck for basically asking the essay world whats happened to college, am falling into his very trap, am proving that there is something the matter with college. I admit that Perlstein is onto the good ugly something here. But I have to say that most of the interviews that he includes with current students just reflect the fact that times are changing. Pro Life. This is a new generation, and along with it comes a new way the world looks at college. Though I agree with Perlstein that college as America used to Essay Wilde´s The Picture of Dorian Grey understand it is essay, coming to an end, I must say that I see it in son poem a different sense. Pro Life Essay. While Perlstein might argue that college and its old world values have disappeared, along with the son poem idea that college used to be the center of the universe, Id have to say that the college experience and everything that goes along with it hasnt changed a bit and neither has Americas interaction and obsession with college.

To me, a young woman who currently epitomizes the college experience, the pro life only thing that Ive seen is the evolution of the word college. It appears that the term itself has taken on a whole new meaning. The Good The Bad And The Ugly. We have all, in pro life effect, distorted the word, and I believe that the market economy and the new generations approach to the easily marketable college is to blame. As the days go by and as college becomes an increasingly adaptable term to a nation obsessed with names and money, the Teen Is it Preventable? true essence of college has been lost. In this day and age, a vast majority of pro life essay, students spend their entire high school careers working their butts off, and of Myths Essay, I, once again, am guilty as charged. With my high school only offering Advanced Placement courses my senior year, I was determined to fit in as many as I could, a whopping six. Essay. Being an intellectual, it was only natural to take so many interesting courses and enrich a brain thirsty for son poem even more knowledge.

But did I have a hidden agenda? Was I secretly taking so many courses to sustain my rank as number one in the class with courses that held more weight? Or was I, dare I say it, hoping to not have to take these classes in college and essay, receive credit for them? Whatever the case, everyone being engrossed with college continued on for the rest of my senior year. Applications felt like long, torturous homework assignments.

But even after that was over, college wouldnt leave me alone. But did I even have a choice? I couldnt tell college to get out of my life. In retrospect, its almost as if you dont choose college; it chooses you. Let me just take you on a quick path down memory lane: My childhood dreams evolved from wanting to be a fairy princess (no education required) to of Oscar of Dorian Grey a rock star (no conventional education required) to essay an attorney or journalist (four years of college and then some, whether I like it or not). You see, the essenes zealots decision is made for you once you decide that you want money and success in your future livelihood. Thats not to say that those who dont attend college arent successful. In fact, theyre probably not as stressed or as in debt from college loans as the rest of us. But nonetheless, myself and my fellow peers ultimately see that investing ourselves in higher education yields a rather simple equation: college = money.

What you invest in your education, financially speaking, often shows in the salary college grads are welcomed with in pro life their chosen career. But lets get something straight. Lets for one moment step outside of this economic world with which we have become preoccupied, and we can see that with the money aside, college today and college in Perlsteins day isnt much different. If we can just look at your typical college coed and not the case studies in The Purpose of Myths Essay Perlsteins essay, one can see that good ole college is still good ole college. As clich? as it might sound, college, as I have noted in pro life essay the previous paragraph, is my stepping stone toward the future.

But aside from that nice inspirational note, college for son poem me represents an environment that truly sparks ones imagination and has the wheels in the brain turning. College is about taking crazy courses you couldnt take anywhere else. Its a realm of scholarship in which students are compelled to ask questions and search for answers. As silly as it might sound, I know that college is providing me with the essay topics and Q+As for those swanky cocktail dinner and soir?e conversations. Essay About Wilde´s. Ive yet to pro life essay attend one considering Im not of the legal drinking age (but then again, thats never stopped your typical college kid before), but I know that when the movie the good and the ugly day comes, Ill whip out some smart remark about Raphaels School of Athens and its unique trompe loeil approach to Renaissance art all thanks to Art History II my freshman year.

Aside from awesome, thought-provoking classes and realizing how much you appreciate your moms home cookin, college is ultimately about strengthening intellect, honing oral and written skills, and devoting yourself to knowledge that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. And as far as the pro life outside world goes, yes, we leave our university bubbles and interact with the people. With campus rallies for peace, community service outings, and the good the bad and the ugly, college students interning all over the place, I definitely believe that college students still make an pro life essay, impact on Americans. While I hope that those who question the essence of of Myths, college today can see that the fundamentals and the experience havent changed and that college undoubtedly matters to our country, Im not naive enough to render Perlstein completely erroneous. Whereas Perlstein noted a change somewhere along the way, my essay comes full circle to prove that it is, indeed, the pro life essay market economy and the perversion of the term college by the people of this nation (including myself), not the pharisees essenes zealots transformation of college itself. Pro Life. By me sitting here this very day arguing for colleges value goes to show that college students care about the way that their higher education is represented and that nothing is the matter with college. As I hypocritically sit here in two articles of university clothing from my expansive Barnard/Columbia wardrobe and Essay of Oscar The Picture of Dorian Grey, with huge obnoxious college stickers on the back of my car, Id like to pose a different question: Whats the matter with us? The modern college student idolizes the campus of the 60?s and 70?s. Parents speak of their storied pasts with fire in their throats. They talk about a time of dangerous and wonderful change.

A brighter future seemed possible and they were leading the way. Today, our movies, music and fashion struggle to emulate it. Throngs of students, from pro life essay, every walk of life, going to the same schools, taking the son poem same drugs, and wearing the same psychedelic floral patterns, sit on essay, windswept grassy fields and lament an era gone by before their time. Why do we look back with this glassy-eyed longing? Is it because we, the new generation of college students, America?s brightest stars, have failed to carry on Suicide: Essay, the torch? Have we failed to inspire change the pro life way our parents did? Maybe. College has transformed since then.

The churning maelstrom of dissent has subsided and left a calm, smooth puddle in its wake. The elation is sadducees, waning. Essay. College is no longer an exciting or unique experience; the how are anabolic made kind that grips a person by the heart and forces them to think and to take a stand. It is, sadly, just another step towards getting a job, a wife and a mortgage. In many ways it?s made slaves of us. From birth we were expected to go forth and succeed, shoved from the moment we could walk and told there was no other way. No longer are we so grateful for the opportunities given to use that we are inspired to lead, to give something back. We no longer look at pro life essay, our fellow students as members of our community, but rather as competition.

We are no longer united. Struggling for son poem a place on pro life, the enrollment list of an Ivy-league school, rending our nails from our fingertips over a poor grade; the fun is gone. Many students feel pressured to attend only at the behest of their parents forceful prodding. They have become so exhausted by the application process that college begins to lose its appeal. After five years abroad in Israel, I returned to the United States to the good the bad ugly attend 11th and pro life essay, 12th grade at a private boarding school. During our first week, there was a meeting for our class on the starting procedures of the The Purpose of Myths Essay college application process. Pro Life Essay. We were told it would be one of the most important decisions of our lives, that the son poem odds were stacked against us like never before. So terrified was I, that I ended up taking an extra year of pro life essay, high school to delay the process. I still consider it one of my wisest choices. Now we walk a taut and Is it, narrow path, terrified of a misstep.

One mistake and you could risk your future. Our parents came to college because they wanted to. They wanted to pro life take a risk. Preventable?. A private college, miles and miles from home, was the ultimate rebellion. James S. Snyder, class of Harvard ?73, fled his small Pennsylvania town and a future in furniture sales, seeking a worldlier, more enlightened existence and since his graduation he has served at both the Museum of Modern Art in New York and at pro life, the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. Steroids. He is not alone. College, for that generation, almost unequivocally meant at least some degree of success. With their futures certain, they were free to fully explore the college experience.

Free to put more on the line than just a signature on a piece of paper. Today, financial concerns, a shrinking job market, and the pressures of essay, our classes rob us of our mobility. Young Americans are attending college inrecord numbers. That sounds wonderful, doesn?t it? You would like to son poem think so. But the truth is that American colleges are boiling over with mediocrity; apathetic masses of token do-gooders desperate to pro life shed their guilt on son poem, an anti-war petition. Brandeis University?s democratic activist organization, Democracy for essay America (DFA), though an active instrument of change (they played important roles in the campaigns of both Howard Dean and pharisees sadducees essenes, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick), carries surprisingly low numbers for such a liberal campus. Pro Life. Meanwhile, fashionable international causes such as ?Save Darfur? boast far superior numbers, despite a lack of tangible results. Nowhere is the spirit of the 60?s missed more than on pharisees essenes zealots, the issue of war. Our parent?s generation fought so passionately against pro life, the Vietnam War that their protests nearly tore the The Purpose of Myths and Legends nation apart.

We, too, should be up in arms, fighting for what we know is pro life essay, right. Yet the prospect of exhausting ourselves, laying protest on the ears of movie the good the bad and the ugly, a seemingly deaf administration hardly warrants a march on Washington. One could miss a mid-term. Money dilutes purity and purpose. We?ve seen it many times before. Pro Life. College no longer becomes a place of learning or of exciting new experiences, but rather an exercise in ensuring you comfort on the path of a normal life. We no longer do what we love, but rather what will make us secure. One only needs to look at the droves of movie, caffeinated medical students on campus for proof.

If journalism paid as much as plastic surgery, there would be a lot more million dollar donations to the campus newspaper. Yet I have persisted in pro life essay my pursuit of a career in journalism despite my inability to even major in it. As a student of the liberal arts, I see my career options shrink and change every day. I have rarely taken a class that I felt was actually preparing me for what I want to sadducees essenes zealots do. Who is going to teach me to be a smooth talking music journalist? Instead I am relying on my extracurricular experience at the newspaper, where I am the editor of the Arts Section, to give me the essay credentials I need. In an about Analysis of Dorian Grey, environment like this, I often feel as if I?m simply going through the motions; doing what I?ve been told I must do to succeed. Rarely do I feel like I?m given the opportunity to do something I love, and I?m not alone. Pro Life. While our parents rebelled against the good the bad, their America by packing up and heading off to college, our generation?s insurgency will come when we decide that our $160,000 can be put to pro life better use. The balance between success and happiness at American colleges has become heavily weighted towards the former, and with that we lose the original essence of this experience. In order to salvage what?s left, we must remember that success exists outside the course book and the sacred diploma.

We?re here because we fear for our futures. We?ll walk the path, terrified of the unknown, praying that somewhere along our journey we?ll be lucky enough to find that essence again. Every time I come home from college for Teen Preventable? vacation my father asks me the same question, if there is pro life, any significant anti-war movement on campus, and every time is mystified by anabolic, my negative response. I can understand his confusion. He started college in 1968, campaigned for McCarthy and was still considered conservative for not repudiating capitalism altogether. As a matter of course, he smoked dope, experimented sexually, and every Friday watched avant garde European movies that offered glimpses of a freer, alternative lifestyle. My father took for essay granted the socially transformative power of youth and now doesn?t quite know what to make of the role reversal my generation has sprung on him. My friends and I may use drugs but we don?t believe drugs open up higher portals of consciousness. We are more or less monogamous. We don?t believe we are on the cusp of great social change and can?t imagine how that change would look. We may not like everything about the Man but we don?t especially want to stick it to him ? and we acknowledge that the Man pays well.

We are more square than our parents. But of course, as my father himself admits, intergenerational complaining is an movie the good, ancient and predictable art form: parents are astonished that their children differ from them, and children, by definition of being children, resist their parents? mold. If our parents preach rebellion, our reaction is to pro life choose conformity ? a paradox but a natural tactic in intergenerational skirmishing. Grousing about college students? inaction distracts from the larger issue: the political marginalization of liberal elites, a process that stretches back into the ?60s, and, much more than any changes in campus life, informs my generation?s lack of political conviction. Movie And The Ugly. In ?What?s the essay Matter with College,? Rick Perlstein introduces the incredibly revealing story of Reagan?s campaign against Berkeley and then draws the wrong conclusions from it. The California gubernatorial election of 1966 was significant not because colleges featured as a campaign issue ? after all, Bush ran twice against the Ivy League establishment but because Reagan, two years after Lyndon Johnson had to all appearances demolished the sadducees zealots GOP as a credible national party, won a major election by essay, attacking elite universities, portraying America?s cultural frontier as morally deviant and intellectually out-of-the-mainstream. Analysis Of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture Of Dorian Grey. The American left never overcame the conservative counterattack.

By the pro life essay mid-?70s they had given up the fight. So my apologia for my generation is tinged with resentment for and Legends the Baby Boomers who sold out into pro life essay a comfortable middle age and Suicide: Preventable?, are now instructing their children to rebel, advocating non-conformity as a healthy youthful impulse. On the other hand, my father, David Brooks, and Rick Perlstein all have a point: my generation (by that term I mean only what I know, the Yalies and elite students, upper middle class and above, who seem to be the prime target of Brooks? and Perlstein?s criticisms) has neglected its social responsibility, failing to pro life essay protest a war at least as duplicitously and The Purpose of Myths and Legends, ineptly run as Vietnam. I am not offering excuses, only some explanation of our mindset. Iraq is not our war. Even more so than Vietnam, Iraq is being fought by lower middle class and working class volunteers. Without a draft there is pro life essay, very little prospect that any of my classmates will ever serve there.

At a time when America is movie the bad, obsessed with national security, determining the last presidential election largely on a candidate?s war record, elite college students (and liberal elites in general) lack the essay credibility to challenge the war machine. Where Vietnam era liberals felt betrayed by son poem, a progressive Democratic administration engaging in a war they never supported, liberals who voted twice against Bush can take solace in the hope that the war will wind down following a Democratic victory in 2008. Pro Life. Without a civil rights movement, without race riots, there is no sense that the system is sadducees essenes, falling apart and no impulse to effect change by non-electoral means. Like older liberals, college students are interested in new leadership, not a new way of life. The collapse of Socialism as a revolutionary ideology eliminates the most coherent critique of the American system, leaving even radical students unsure what alternative society to propose. Pro Life. No one talks seriously about outing the how are made system or agitating in poor neighborhoods. Many of the best and brightest kids I know are focusing their energies overseas. America?s social problems are considered too deep-rooted for pro life a quick fix by energetic, high-minded college students. But I am straying from the point of The Purpose, Perlstein?s essay.

He seems less concerned with liberal college students? failure to engender change and pro life essay, more with the pharisees essenes disappearance of a fabled college experience, at once laidback and cutting-edge, heady and delinquent. It sounds good, but the college experience Perlstein is describing may be more of an aberration than he admits. College now is what it always has been, a perplexing phenomenon. Pro Life. Parents take their children out of the workforce for four of the anabolic steroids most productive years of pro life essay, their lives, send them at how are, great expense to enclosed institutions where, with essentially no supervision or responsibility, they are expected to absorb a liberal arts education unlikely to have any direct bearing on their future careers. Essay. The payoff, acknowledged by college students and and the, their parents alike, is that college education determines admission into pro life essay the professional class. The ?60s showed that college campuses are capable of reflecting broader social discontent, but let?s not fool ourselves into thinking that elite colleges, many of them among America?s oldest and most venerable institutions, necessarily foster dissent. Congratulations to Mr. Perlstein for his enviable college experience at Chicago in the late 1980s, but it is hard to believe that the character of college life has changed dramatically since then as a result of marketing strategies or a rapid shift in college-age kids? relations with their parents. College students are the same as they were 40 years ago, maybe somewhat higher achieving but just as liberal and naive and just as subject to the mood of anabolic steroids, their time. Essay. They are very aware that this is not a revolutionary era. American intellectuals (I hesitate even using that term in the present tense) are not wrestling with conflicting ideologies.

Nationwide, there is no impulse to do what college students have historically been best at: arguing about the direction of a new social order. Students can debate passionately over dining hall tables, but they inevitably find themselves differing over son poem, policy rather than principle ? and that is not a reflection of essay, students? intellectual inability or apathy but of the state of contemporary intellectual discourse.. The liberal vision of the ?60s has evaporated and the country still seems to be stricken with intellectual paralysis, but college students aren?t the half of the problem. Apathetic. If I had to describe the how are anabolic steroids made student body on my college campus in pro life one world apathetic would be it. After four years at a fairly conservative, living-for-the-next-soccer-game, suburban public high school, I could not have felt more ready for a change of scenery especially for college a place that is supposed to be so different and free. Like any college freshman, I had expectations. I had hopes of being surrounded by young people who are living for more than just weekend keg parties and prom dates. Movie The Good The Bad And The Ugly. People who are aware of what is going on in the pro life world at this critical time and, as human beings, feel an obligation to help make change further the anabolic made course of social justice.

And upon coming to college, I did find these people all five of them. Out of essay, a student body of four thousand. When I got to Is it Preventable? college and met my peers the people I would be spending the next four years of pro life essay, my young life with I asked the same question that Rick Perlstein is asking now, Whats the matter with college? For me, that question has expanded to, Whats the matter with Americans? College students are suppose to make up the best and brightest of each coming generation. And, if at son poem, the ages of 18 to 22, these young and capable people are not active and engaged with their world with our world what happens in post-college life? I imagine the trend continues: the pro life essay apathy remains. Comfort. College kids, kids like me, are comfortable.

Our lives are privileged. We live with our friends in dorms that are cleaned for us. We can eat whenever we want. We are receiving what is considered to Essay about Analysis Wilde´s The Picture of Dorian be a pristine education from world-renowned professors. Pro Life Essay. At times, I find that life as an American college student is disgustingly privileged.

And because we are comfortable in our dorms, in our classrooms, on our safe and well-kept campus lawn, we can ignore. We can ignore the war in Iraq. We can ignore the fact that college students in other cities in pharisees sadducees the world cannot walk safely through their campuses due to a constant threat of an explosion or attack. Pro Life Essay. We can ignore that, while we live comfortably studying during the week and partying on the weekends others are suffering. The truth, of course, is that we cannot ignore these things. About. We cannot ignore our fellow humans; we cannot ignore the pro life essay acts of our government. This is The Purpose of Myths Essay, our world; each of us is an integral part of it.

We can be apathetic, yes. But only for so long. As many others have said, there are several parallels between the Vietnam War of the sixties and seventies, and pro life, the war in Iraq today. One enormous contrast is the activism is the former and the lack thereof in how are steroids made the latter. Pro Life Essay. I have heard people suggest that the reason for Essay this discrepancy is that now there is no active draft. And without the very real possibility (threat) or being called to pro life essay war young people have no critical need, no tangible reason to son poem be active and persistent in ending the war. As a college student, although it is not been my experience in particular, I do believe college is essay, a time and a place in which change is suppose to take hold.

Young people themselves, through the exposure to anabolic steroids new people and novel ideas, change. Essay. And through those personal changes, people work together to change something outside of of Myths Essay, themselves whether it is a project in the local community, or a large-scale effort to end a national war. Pro Life Essay. Today, in the year 2007, is not a source of this type of pharisees essenes zealots, change; this process does not take place, or at pro life essay, least not in full cycle. College is not the how are ideal place to practice activism, let alone radicalism, as it once was. I feel privileged to be receiving the education that I am receiving, but I feel there is a crucial element that college kids like me are missing. Essay. We are not vulnerable or at least do not feel vulnerable. Protected and even sheltered (some of us), we need a new awareness.

That is whats the matter with collegewe are asleep. We need to wake up, recognize the state of our country and of the The Purpose of Myths and Legends world, and care. Contribute. Act. Pro Life Essay. Do something! We are the doctors, politicians and journalists of the next 50 years.

One of us will be president. A couple hundred of of Myths Essay, us will be foreign ambassadors. Pro Life. Many of us will be congresswomen and men. We will have incredible influence. Teen Essay. The more aware and active we are now during these years, the more prepared we will be for the years ahead.

The more we know and are a part of our country and world now, the smarter and more innovative we will be in leading our country and engaging with our world in a productive and peaceful manner in the future. AT MANY AMERICAN COLLEGES it is hard to tell where the campus ends and the outside world starts. For years, the line between on and off-campus has been blurring, sometimes to the point of pro life, irrelevance. The Bad Ugly. For parents accompanying their children across this indistinct border today, I imagine that a dose of nostalgia must no doubt be mixed with a hefty helping of genuine shock. Pro Life. Where are the protesters? No hunger strikes or marches? No barricades or tear gas? On many campuses even the time-honored Frisbee toss is on the way out and Essay about of Oscar The Picture of Dorian Grey, the newer dormitories proudly bear the designation Riot Proof. The hippies and hedonists are long gone, but what is this strange creature theyve left in their wake? The campus is becoming increasingly commoditized, monetized and generally more like the world outside its borders. Ironically, responsibility for this phenomenon rests squarely on the shoulders of those parents who once rebelled against pro life, the system they now support with tuition checks. Essay Analysis Wilde´s Of Dorian Grey. The acculturation of American colleges has been in the works for some time now and the increasingly competitive admissions hoops that college-bound young people are made to jump through have only essay, hastened this gentrification.

No longer outposts of the counterculture, Americas campuses seem to have gone mainstream and they are now, like many relics of the sixties, being accused of selling out. As a college student faced with this indictment I have to pharisees zealots defend myself with a question of my own: Does it really matter? The convergence of on- and off-campus values may have changed the texture of our universities but it has only essay, strengthened their relevance to The Purpose of Myths Essay that increasingly less distant place: the real world. There is certainly something distinctly apathetic or, at least, subdued, about pro life essay, students today. Nevertheless, its still easy to find the most active dissenters and contrarians. Just go to the faculty lunch room. Many of the Vietnam eras most dedicated dissidents simply never left the campuses that incubated their discontent years ago and this reality is central to understanding todays collegiate zeitgeist. At my college, Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, this strange state of affairs is the norm. My leftist physics professor writes more opinion pieces for our daily newspaper than any student. A professor of Peace and Justice Studies recently organized a campus-wide faculty walkout to protest the Iraq war a very popular initiative among both professors and students.

The transference of the spirit of 67 from the students to the faculty begs a question: against whom are we to rebel? Its no leap of pharisees essenes, intuition to imagine that there is little incentive to dissent when dissent is institutionalized. So I go to a liberal college in pro life Massachusetts of course this is The Purpose Essay, what the professors are like. Pro Life. This apology, however, obfuscates the important point that across the country, the relatively passive nature of todays college student is Suicide: Preventable?, a direct result of their parents legacy. Decades of pro life essay, prosperity and fertility (you can thank the baby-boomers for both of these phenomena) have provided previously unimaginable legions of high school seniors who are applying to college and expecting to get in. Due to of Myths and Legends Essay population trends and the increasingly large number of young Americans that graduate high school, college enrollment has grown by essay, 62 percent since 1974. This fact, combined with the realities of the demanding economy that the post-war generation has driven, has translated into what admissions officers are calling a crunch. More kids than ever are applying to more schools than ever and colleges are turning them back in droves. Thanks to our parents success and the law of supply and demand, getting into college is competitive. Very competitive; so competitive that few students applying even pause to imagine what it will be like once they are actually there.

I certainly didnt. Sadducees Essenes Zealots. The pressure to apply is pro life essay, endemic and students are compelled to apply earlier each year as schools cook up a plethora of variations on the theme of early application deadlines. The shifting admissions timetables are a reflection of the and Legends larger cultural obsession with admissions procedures at American colleges. To do some research about how colleges have changed since my parents were students, I typed in college book on Amazon.com. Out of thousands of results, barely a handful of books were actually about the essay experience of American colleges and, of these, almost all were self-styled Survival Guides. All the rest were about how to get into college and what to do after it: endless pages of movie the good and the, insider guides, idiots guides, handbooks, manuals, and a litany of overtures on how to crack the dreaded standardized tests. The emphasis here is explicit. Pro Life Essay. While many adults have an excellent view of how to Teen Suicide: Is it Essay get their children into college, the actualities of the college experience are largely left to their imagination.

As a result, it is pro life essay, only from Essay Analysis of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture Grey, inside the system that we can answer the pro life question, why does college matter? Essentially, for the same reasons it always has: its still a place to figure out what kind of person you want to be, meet interesting people, have some fun, and hopefully graduate having learned something along the way. A lot has changed in forty years (being twenty years old, I cant personally confirm this but I have chosen to accept this bit of institutional wisdom). Should we really be at how are anabolic steroids, all surprised that the pro life essay American college has changed apace with the rest of the country? Higher-education professionals insist that universities must march in step with economic and technological progress if they are to stand a chance of playing a role in son poem the future of American education. This need for relevancy, or at least the perception of it, has purged much of the excesses of university life and sharpened the academic side of the pro life collegiate equation a recalibration that has shaped the students as much as the institutions. I have nothing but respect for my parents and anabolic steroids made, the dissident college students of the Vietnam era, but, quite frankly, the American college student has moved on. We might be less introspective or subversive, but were more productive, organized, and essay, better prepared to succeed in pharisees zealots the modern economy a magical place that Career Services is forever going on about. We live in a society in pro life essay which we are generally content with the value system we grew up with, or at least we are able to tolerate it.

Thanks to our parents, there are a great many battles that simply have already been fought for us and we are OK with that. It is not the intrinsic burden of every generation of anabolic steroids, students to pro life essay re-invent the about Analysis Wilde´s Grey wheel. To assume such a thing is to repudiate the most salient feature of student life in the 1960s its unsurpassed exceptionality. The modern college experience hasnt become superficial or cheap (literally or figuratively) and, for a young person eager to learn, its an incredibly important place to spend a few years. Its just different. Nostalgia for pro life a campus reveling in bucolic isolation and son poem, barricaded by student protestors has become a caricature that does a disservice to the rewarding and academically challenging environment that most American college students are immersed in. But then again, what do I know? Im just another lazy, rebellious college student.

Exactly. College as America used to understand, indeed, is coming to an end. Not only so, what college used to essay be in the past decades must come to an end. America itself is changing now in the mist of this big whirl of movie the bad, globalization and the society is transforming into a highly competitive war-zone in which the students must compete with peers from all over the world to maintain another impressive position after college. Simply because colleges are not what colleges used to be in the 60s or 70s the college students are not as uncreative or dull as what Perlstein writes in his article. Pro Life. I have seen many motivated and how are made, energized organization kids and also came in contact with students who stay at school even though college sucks anyway. However, I do not see the point of pro life, current college students being a problematic issue in any way. What is so wrong with calling your mother everyday after class sitting on the campus bench? Why is it so uncreative to study SATs in high school and not photography or film to represent oneself as the best college admissions candidate? The college students these days possess the anabolic steroids made true business tactics to create the future that the pro life students desire. The American universities in of Myths and Legends Essay the 21st century do not accept a student because of a forbidden book title written in the reading list or because of essay, what the student has so artfully experienced so-called life making films or taking photos. The universities want a supernatural candidates or what not.

They want students with high SAT scores and experiences in arts, films, and other interests that people can call creative and artistic. Then once the students gets into college, the high GPAs and various club experiences must sparkle on resumes in the eyes of the career advisors for the bright future which I can succeed in my professional life. What lounge talk or jazz jam sessions can we attend while missing classes and sacrificing sleeping on the Sunday nights before the new week starts? Why does the anabolic made absence of these experiences seen as a negative phenomenon? The weekend cultural events or performances I attend amazingly inspire my cultural sense and motivate the artistic side of me. The heated debate about abortion or widening wealth gap in the cafeteria with a group of class mates do make me run to the classes and essay, still arrive at the lecture room door ten minutes late. Just because how the American colleges are not what we used to about of Oscar The Picture of Dorian understand there is no reason why we should bring this issue (I think not) and ask what matters colleges have. I never wanted to pro life spend four years of my college life in a small suburban all-womens school. The Manhattan city life from New York University beckoned me while the prestigious, yet seemingly boring Bryn Mawr campus made me wonder what things can possibly excite me when it came down to making the final decision about college. I imagined myself becoming a hip New Yorker soaked with trendy city fashion style aggressively seeking for intern positions in Wall Street making career connections preparing for the professional life post college watching every Broadway musical and attending famous college parties during the son poem weekend. I thought thats what college students do in New York. Or I thought thats what college students must do in any college.

I However, regardless of the image I had about what an ideal college student must be, I did make my decision on my own to essay spend four years of the good and the ugly, my college life in a small suburban all-womens school. I made this decision proudly and essay, I am still proud to be at Bryn Mawr. I solely made my decision for son poem my academic life. Pro Life. I could not imagine truly committing my time to writing essays about how David Hume has influenced the pharisees essenes development of essay, skepticism and empiricism or calculate multi-variable calculus problems after classes in the city light and busy night restaurants waiting for me to come down and Suicide: Preventable?, have a cup of coffee and chat with the strangers. I thought for my academic life I could sacrifice my social life for high GPAs and good recommendation letters from professors. Choosing from the extreme social life verses academic life I finally found out that college is not what the college can offer to pro life essay me. Preventable?. College is the place where I can make what I want from pro life essay, my college years with my own preference. All the resources are right in The Purpose of Myths and Legends and out of the campus for me. College matters because I matter as a college student in pro life essay this society. There is nothing wrong with the pharisees sadducees essenes zealots American colleges. The colleges stand as they did when my mother and father enjoyed celebrity guest speaker session in the dorm lounges.

It is the society and the very world that the American colleges and the college student stand that has changed. The competition and pro life essay, the multitasking skill that the Essay society requires from the pro life essay students will not accept being truly free from family, academics, and career-related activities. If I can turn back time to Essay Analysis of Oscar The Picture of Dorian when I was a senior in high school choosing the college again, I still would not at pro life essay, all want to movie the good ugly spend four years at a small suburban all-womens college. Only thing I am worried about when I go back for the last year at Bryn Mawr is pro life essay, that I would not want to leave the son poem school for another million years. The society as American used to understand it is coming to an end. Along with the changes in the society, the college must come to an end with what it used to be in the past decades. Our college years spent without the radical break are filled with productive future preparations that we entitle ourselves as excellent multitasking marketers.

I see the bright future for our college students who are smarter, ever competent and far more well-rounded generation than any other college classes before in the American history. If this overused and pro life essay, cliche statement were more relevant or appropriate to the topic at the good and the, hand, Bob Dylan would stop selling ladies undergarments and pro life essay, students would protest the Iraq War on about The Picture of Dorian, the lawn of the Whitehouse. Unfortunately, College as America used to understand it has come to an end. Pretending that college students today show the same idealistic fervor of our parents generation would just be a lie. Pro Life Essay. Even at a campus set in the heart of Greenwich Village, the birthplace of le tout New York boheme, there is and Legends Essay, a stark difference between college life then and now. As a student looking towards entering a career in finance but also considering a major in Philosophy, I find this change particularly conflicting. I am not lamenting for the woes of pro life essay, political apathy or nihilism in my generation, I am saying that college, as America used to understand it, can still make a comeback.

The central problem to all this multi-generational change is a public misconception as to the importance of choosing a concentration and adhering to its designated path during collegiate and post-collegiate life. Within this misconception I see a divisive attitude amongst peers. On one side of son poem, this division, career oriented majors, such as pre-med, pre-law, finance or economics harbor students who look at college as merely an investment, or another step of sacrifice on the track to success. On the other side, perceived as the opposite, are conventional liberal arts concentrations: fine arts, classics, or creative writing, to name a few. Essay. To understand these students perception of their choice, one would have to Wilde´s The Picture Grey look no further than Web 2.0.

On Facebook, the internets largest social networking site, started by two college students in 2004groups with names like, I picked a major that I love and will probably end up living in a box, tell the story albeit with a slighting sense of essay, humor. The main fault of this dual misconception is it rewards the common string between the divisions: the narrow focus that we take comfort in by conforming to either side of the paradigm. Applying to college, I made a seemingly fatal mistake, stating Undecided as my choice of major. Upon reaching NYU I was received by students who by the end of high school had started their own non-profits, were planning how to start their own hedge funds, or even both. Suddenly the fact that I stood out in high school for pharisees sadducees essenes zealots listening to Phish and watching independent films seemed of pro life essay, little importance. I quickly discovered that simply not knowing what I would be doing in ten years was a tragic character flaw. Was I the only one listening when Antoine de Saint-Exupery said in The Little Prince, On ne sait jamais! If we are so eager to find truth in quantifying our intuitive assumptions (as attributed to Benjamin Disraeli, there are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.) try considering all the numbers. For example, experts with the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimate that the average worker will change careers (not jobs) five to seven times in a work life. But whose fault is this?

One may place blame for Essay about The Picture of Dorian Grey this misconception on an endless list of sources. A friend who opted to pro life essay attend the Gallatin School of Individualized Study, the paragon institution of free academic choice, put it plainly, Our generation has no identity; everything we do is borrowed from nostalgia and commercialized as vintage. Somewhat of an interesting statement coming from about, a girl wearing a blonde bob-haircut and Ray Band sunglasses, dressed in black. Essay. Penn Jillete, of Penn and Teller, when discussing the downfall of the music industry in anabolic steroids the film Half Japanese: The Band That Would Be King concedes that This generation has done nothing to shock me; theres nothing that I cant understand and thats sad. Pro Life. I want to know what it feels like to be a parent in the 50s and first hear Elvis Presley. Or consider the fact that the son poem famous for being famous, celebrity is the icon for our generation. Never has a sense of entitlement been either aggrandized or emulated in our recent cultural history.

Who is our Bob Dylan? In the age where the individuals taste and essay, freedom of expression seemingly cannot be overemphasized, how can we find a united identity? What is most difficult and in turn essential to Teen Preventable? overcoming the dogmas of our generation is looking past the blame. If we look at the modern student as a social construction, a whole world of excuses is pro life, opened up. For college life to truly make a comeback, all students have to Is it Preventable? do is pro life essay, do what makes them happy. Movie The Good Ugly. For academia to have the same sense of pristine freedom it had in the former generations, we cannot look at the why questions and try to point fingers, but we must ask why do we ask the pro life why questions and son poem, move back to pro life essay the humanistic feel of college as those generations remember it. Because James, a sophomore at pharisees sadducees essenes zealots, Yale, has twice slept through his alarm this semester, his father now calls every Monday and essay, Wednesday morning to make sure his son is awake. At 8:45, James answers his cell-phone on the fifth ring, thanks his father, and hustles down the steps of entryway B, the new Maroon 5 song playing on steroids, his Ipod.

From 9:00 until 10:15, James sits with two other students in room 116 of the Sterling Chemistry Lab, listening to the lecturer distinguish between an atomic number and an atomic mass. Essay. This is movie and the, CHEM 100b: Chemistry in Popular Novels, a course intended for non-science majors which James is taking to satisfy his natural sciences requirement. Essay. To earn credit, James must (a) participate in the illustrative lab activities; (b) read and comment on the assigned books (Toxin by Robin Cook, Three-Course Murder by Nancy Fairbanks); and (c) submit an original short-story that hinges on some aspect of the chemical process. There is no regular final examination. After adding Maroon 5? to his favorite music on Facebook, James attends his Shakespeare lecture in LC 101, where the professor explains the uses of oxymoronic or paradoxical phrasing in son poem A Midsummer Nights Dream.

The midterms are handed back, and Jamess blue book shows a red 87. This is pro life, Adriana in Comedy of Errors, his TA writes on the page where he has misidentified the the bad speaker as Rosalind, But great attention to language. She awards him six points out of pro life, twelve. At lunch in Commons Dining Hall, he chats with his suitemate about the Eighties party happening this Friday. They arrange a time to buy parachute pants and jean jackets on Crown Street. How Are Steroids. The smoothie machine is still broken. His roommate leaves for pro life a mock-interview at the Undergraduate Career Services building, and his father sends him a text message concerning his application for a summer position at anabolic, the Center for Talent Youth. James submits his application online and then downloads Amadeus, which he will watch for pro life essay his seminar on the life and works of Milos Forman.

At four oclock, his roommate calls: Ian McEwan is Preventable? Essay, reading from pro life essay, his new novel tonight in about Wilde´s of Dorian Sudler Hall. James would like to attend, but his play, one of seven going up on campus this weekend, is in tech week. Tonights rehearsal is scheduled from five to eleven. Theres chicken curry and gingered steak for dinner, and pro life, then rehearsal for Marat/Sade in Davenport-Pierson Auditorium, which features a state-of-the-art lighting grid, a sound booth, new dressing rooms, and 70 chairs without arm rests. As an pharisees sadducees essenes, unnamed male nurse in the French asylum, Jamess primary purpose is to douse inmates with cold water. The cast runs the show twice, but the director, a junior Theater Studies major from Manhattan, still frowns.

Earlier that day, the Fire Marshal declared most of her set a safety hazard. All that remains on the wet stage is a bathtub. By the time notes have been given, and costumes fitted, it is after midnight. James buys a Coca-Cola and a bag of pretzels from essay, Durfees Convenience Store, and son poem, proceeds to Sterling Memorial Library. His Shakespeare TA has asked the pro life class to comment on Suicide: Essay, Dukes Be absolute for death speech. Pro Life Essay. Do not write in paragraph form, she says in her email, Just pick out five specific things about this section of the text and write a bullet point (2-3 sentences) about the movie the good and the significance of each of these things.

After ten minutes of scanning for diction, verse form, imagery, and pro life, caesura, James begins dozing off. He returns from the reading room to of Myths find his two other suitemates engaged in a heated Mario Kart battle. Pro Life Essay. He showers and crawls into bed. The Good And The. He closes his eyes. Its already Thursday. When James graduates in two years, the essay value of his degree will be high. He will have picked up, along the way, bits of Elizabethan and Czech culture and a stronger sense of community. Absent, of son poem, course, will be both the break Mr. Perlstein champions which college (in theory) is designed to provide and a notion of this breaks worth. Break is a potentially misleading way of describing an ideal college experience. On the surface, it suggests vacation. In reality, it implies both a split with something previously adhered to pro life essay (ones childhood existence and the values absorbed at Essay about Analysis of Oscar Wilde´s Grey, home) and a fruitful interruption before the pro life essay regularly scheduled programming of real life begins.

That students willingly or unwillingly miss out on this break, and the transition from one self to the next it provokes, is an appropriate cause for pharisees sadducees concern. But at a time when the space between the university and the world outside has disappeared, is a break even possible? In an article printed by the Chicago Maroon on February 13, 2007, President Robert Zimmer is pro life essay, quoted as asking the activists to see that there are arguments on how are steroids, the other side. The arguments themselves are beside the point. President Zimmer isnt countering those on the pro-divestment side, but encouraging them to temporarily suspend their beliefs, embrace the pro life equally valid beliefs of the Board of Trustees, and of Oscar Wilde´s of Dorian Grey, weigh them both. Which one they choose ultimately doesnt matter: in President Zimmers mind, whats important is the weighing itself.

In the mind of an pro life essay, activist, this is socially irresponsible and morally repugnant. To describe it in the language of David Foster Wallaces 2005 (footnotes-free) commencement speech at Kenyon College, President Zimmer is asking his students to how are anabolic steroids made alter their hard-wired, default sympathy for the people of Darfur, and interpret the situation removed from the pro life lens of essenes, self. Essay. This is an unnatural, incredibly difficult task to perform, something that takes a lifetimes worth of work to master, but it cuts to the heart of what it means to learn how to think, which is why (in theory) people go to college, and why it matters. But however crucial this suspension of the self, and the college-back- when-it-was-college experience it fosters, how can anyone expect these STAND students to participate in something so abstract while, at Teen Is it, the same time, Darfurians continue to die? Moreover, if as David Brookss 2001 Atlantic Monthly article The Organization Kid reports, universities are leaving it to students themselves to develop a sense of character and morality, how can ones value- system (a system that encourages immediate action against genocide, for instance) be simultaneously promoted and suspended? Students like James dont even read the newspaper. How does one raise awareness among ones peers before learning what it means to be aware?

Some awareness on the universitys part would help. Rather than simply tell James he is an adult, the university should actually treat him like one: insist that he tell himself. Instead, he is left to flit between the intellectual world that demands the suspension of self, and the world outside that demands immediate action. Because he must juggle the demands of both without guidance, or shirk the demands without consequence, neither world is adequately explored, and both collapse into Jamess world. Which is upsetting in the wrong sense. The Decline of College Campus Life, or When the Moguls Come Marching In. College matters to the student, but not as much as it used tothis phrase sums up a complex reality in simple terms. Lets all look at pro life, the picture here (not just glance, but really look at it). Young adults in general dont read, are addicted to the good mass media, and are lazy.

This new generation, which I shall call Generation Z (after what they catch), is an easy target for the reason why colleges arent the same as they used to be. I can imagine it now: an pro life, aged hippie or, better (worse?) yet, a beatnik, reminiscing about the good old days, when we had the motivation to and Legends change the pro life essay world, by dinghy!, as they gum a gruel made from son poem, hash and LSD juiced in essay a solar-powered blender. Its a sad day when such things happen. Yet, it is happening. Yes, it is steroids made, true that some young adults are unmotivated, and, yes, it is easy to pro life blame them for the college experience atrophying. However, contrary to Occams Razor, there are convoluted reasons here as to why these people are changing college life for the worse. For example, these young adults are digital junkies. Anabolic Steroids Made. Why? Well, why not?

In the society we live in, it is pro life essay, essential that people are up-to-date on everything cutting-edge and fashionable. The fact that older adults are there pulling strings to about Grey convince people to buy the latest designer peanut butter or such-and-such is not helping. The young adults have two options: actually go through the essay process of Essay Analysis Wilde´s Grey, flipping through a dozen different catalogues that are trying to sell a dozen similar products with different names and price tags, or simply go online and search for latest designer erasers and skim the essay results. They become addicted to trends, and sadducees essenes zealots, thus computers. Ah, one may say, but why cant the Internet be used for the good of the world? Why are they unmotivated? If one asks this question, one is missing another major aspect of Generation Zthe omnipresent need to pro life be entertained. Entertainment is growing easier to access and easier to use. Combine that with the Generation Z equation that states less intellectual work=more fun, and that is The Purpose Essay, why Generation Z is unmotivated.

Once again, older adults arent exactly helping the problem by mass advertising TV shows (ranging from cheap copies of essay, better shows to shows that are original but idiotic) by claiming them as Exciting! and Fun!. This is why the and Legends Essay college experience is changing, then. It is not that there is essay, less to protest aboutgay rights, abortion, and the Middle East all come to mind. It is not that colleges are more or less controlling. It is simply the fact that Generation Z is being manipulated by some people in the older generations for monetary gain.

The same thing happens to every generation, but on the scale it is happening today, one must wonder what will happen if and when the media takes over completely. Will there be classes on Reebok aerodynamics or KFC-run universities? Only time will tell In Rick Perlsteins essay, Whats the Matter With College, he states that college campuses seem to have lost their centrality. Yet in the golden yesteryear of which he writes, the 60s disregarding the voices on and the ugly, campus meant ignoring the masses. Although Perlstein suggests college campuses appear less important than they were 40 years ago, their centralization has arguably shifted alongside a transforming socioeconomic backdrop. Formerly identified as anti-establishment, colleges now serve as footstools into the ultra-established world of corporate America and as integral investments toward becoming members of an intellectual society. For the youth of the 60s, higher education symbolized a physical and metaphorical break from preceding generations. Pro Life Essay. The fracture, in part, was financially permissible: the cost of education was considerably less than it is today and included greater opportunity for grants and scholarships. However, the break was also ideological. Knowledge served as a weapon to son poem combat old beliefs and pro life essay, as the motivation to defy conventional forms of authority, thus appealing to sadducees essenes a rebellious generation.

College campuses evolved as champions for a free exchange of words and ideas to counteract Vietnam, race riots and the atrocities happening beyond the campus walls. Politicians had little choice but to acknowledge widespread student discontent; new trends in fashion and music added to a political landscape heavily focused on essay, change. At a 1963 speech in Germany, President John F. Kennedy said, Change is the law of life. And those who look only to The Purpose Essay the past or present are certain to pro life miss the future. The baby boomers of the 60s adopted change as their mantra.

Having little educational precursor from their parents, they found instantaneous success and surged ahead in the professional world. They strayed from the factory jobs of the early 20th Century, toward the The Purpose and Legends Essay more inventive industries piloted by boomer creativity and ambition. Forty years later, their work has raised the bar dramatically for essay their successors. They encouraged their own children to go to school, and because of their continued achievement, could afford to send them there. Pharisees Sadducees Essenes Zealots. Although students of the 60s attended college to gain autonomy and essay, sever familial ties, todays students forfeit independence, at least financially, to avoid educations escalating price tag.

No longer is college a voluntary movement toward freedom, but rather an essential prerequisite for professional employment. Both in the 60s and now, the college years represent a coming of Suicide: Preventable?, age, or a finding of pro life essay, ones true self. However today, this process revolves around rigid college curriculum and university specifications. How Are Steroids. Post-secondary education aims to instruct students in detailed concentrations of study training them to pro life survive the natural selection of Essay, a corporate society, where only the most exceptional in their fields will excel. We are taught that employers search for the well-rounded individual, the one who has studied abroad, held multiple internships, declared a combination of majors and minors. Success has become about fitting a mold, rather than breaking one, thereby infringing the anti-establishment collegiate aspirations of the 60s. But despite this slight detour in objective, college prevails as a vital means of obtaining personal and professional accomplishment. What once was a recognizable symbol of pro life, self-determination is now an indispensable precursor to a coveted career in the demanding corporate world. College campuses are not ignored, as Perlstein implies, but rather implore a new significance. More than ever, education is necessary to advance and build a successful life. And although campuses arent driving political debates as they did in the 60s, they certainly arent forgotten.

For instance, following the essenes Kent State shootings in 1970, America underwent a prevalent mourning that differed from earlier tragedies. When calamities involve children kids just expressing and essay, exploring their beliefs, the and Legends Essay impact ripples through society in a much more personal and intense way. Kent State was supposed to be a safe place a shield from the outside world that welcomed the essay ideas and movie the good and the, opinions of its students. Instead, it housed a massacre. Americans were not only forced to grieve the victims, but also the innocence and hope that died with them. Essay. Likewise, every act of violence on school property since then, including Columbine and Virginia Tech, has been yielded with a widespread angst a communal sense of failure caused by movie the bad ugly, the inability to protect the nations youth. Families dont forgive wrongdoings against their children, and in these cases, preventable and unjustifiable acts of violence have sprung issues, such as gun control, into the media limelight as well as to pro life the Capitol Hill agenda. Americans care what goes on pharisees, at college and so do politicians; cliche but true, campuses hold the future leaders of the country. Recently, colleges have been pressured to maintain a safe and welcoming school community, while flourishing as profitable businesses; they too must survive in a competitive corporate pool.

After the string of essay, suicides my freshman year at New York University, I couldnt even attend a routine doctors appointment for a cold without being asked how it was making me feel; everyone knew the Essay about of Dorian Grey question was referencing my mental health. But like any business, colleges care about their image in the public eye and about the satisfaction of their students. As a result, even the largest universities seek to essay construct a communal atmosphereone fundamental characteristic that hasnt dissipated since the pharisees sadducees essenes zealots 60s. However, the narrative of pro life essay, this affiliation has inevitably transformed. Forty years ago, students pursued campus kinship to obtain synchronized change; now, student unity emerges as a university goal, fueled by a smorgasbord of son poem, campus activities and offerings. Despite the fact that todays education system circulates around individuals, rather than a collective identity, universities must ensure their students feel engaged, rather than isolated, in the high-stress academic realm. Although notions of freedom continually entice college-aged students, tots of the 80s approach independence more cautiously than their forerunners. They confront steep financial debt and societal responsibility that their baby boomer predecessors did not, yet are nevertheless expected to surpass their parents professional triumphs. Groomed for pro life essay Ivy League schools at a younger age, children walk an abbreviated bridge between adolescence and adulthood.

High school careers center on college preparation, demonstrating a new centrality for post-secondary education within American culture. However, among the new pressures exist higher expectations for the bad ugly universities to nurture students in life, not just in school. The communication-based world requires students to relate and interact with cohorts as never before. Ultimately, the work force demands colleges to breed graduates with an intricate balance of book smarts and savoir-faire. The shift in centrality of college campuses since the 60s hardly signifies a departure from innovative ideas and excitability within learning. Pro Life. It instead serves as an organized, albeit expensive, investment into our futures an Suicide:, insurance that we are ready to cope with the challenges and pressures of the real world and work force.

My time at NYU showed me how to balance academics with life in the city; it allowed me to explore my interests and collaborate with professors and peers from a plethora of pro life, ethnic, social and how are anabolic made, religious backgrounds. So four years later, do I feel gypped? I can honestly say I dont. The 60s are long gone, but the pro life essay message remains: knowledge equips youth with the power to change. On the College Experience: The Musings of a Simple Student. Before I begin, I have the intense need to clarify college experience, for it is a poor synonym for steroids made what is at stake. Stripped to its bare bones, it can be broken down into something that civilizations through the ages can recognize and identify with: knowledge, power and freedom. Knowledge has always been a means to attain power to delegate freedom: freedom from inequality, freedom from injustice, freedom from a pre-destined fate.

What we are questioning is not whether college is a necessity based on measures of outer value because without a doubt, it is. One would be hard pressed to pro life essay be able to function in society today without being confronted with some hint as to how important it is to go to college. The nation questions whether colleges inner value, its ability to invigorate the American Spirit in its youth, is still effective. Its eerily quiet on the campuses, and for many, this silence is unnerving. Some fear that the American Spirit in the youth, whose lifeblood depends upon each individual experiencing freedom, is dead.

Rest assured, it is very much alive, but it can no longer be found in the universities. It is no wonder why this heated debate over the fate of knowledge, power and freedom continues to stay viciously alive under the guise of many different masks, global warming willing, for centuries to come. It resonates with what it means to be human, and today, that mask is college, an institution founded on the sole basis of spreading knowledge. What perpetuated Americas fascination with colleges, was not necessarily college, for it was simply a means, it was the about of Oscar of Dorian Grey end, freedom, which is at the heart of what it means to essay be an American and has been since the founding of this nation. What the sadducees essenes playwright Arthur Miller, the writer Rick Perlstein, the artist Robert Motherwell, and the professor Joseph Campbell among countless others of past generations cherished so fondly was a deeper perspective of oneself, of personal boundaries, beliefs and passions, which provides a greater sense of purpose.

This knowledge can only be passed down in an environment isolated from the pro life influence of the outside world, only there can one have the power to choose ones own destiny. Is there anything else that could be more freeing and quintessentially American? During the 1960s, the 1970s, and arguably during the Great Depression, academic institutions, drugs and/or rural communes became a haven for those, who felt no connection to about of Oscar The Picture of Dorian Grey the outside world. There were no cell phones, no iPods, no Google, no Facebook, no Internet to turn to, our attention, which is drawn to things that move, focused on colleges, where much of the action was happening, for the Real World seemed to essay be at a standstill. Campuses provided a freedom from the how are steroids Real World, where society deemed the pro life fate of the white American youth to be the glory of the son poem suburban cookie-cutter occupations of the gray flannel worker for men and the housewife for women, and pro life, if you were black, your fate was even more limited.

Communities of like-minded individuals sprouted across the nation to protest conventional society that threatened their sense of freedom, while the government intervened with student affairs of sadducees, schools like Kent State in pro life order to control what they felt was a direct threat to the harmony that they struggled so hard for after experiencing a period of Suicide: Is it Preventable? Essay, grave economic, political, and social instability stemming from the Great Depression to World War II to the Cold War. To the youth, the increased oppression against colleges only made their desire to be heard even stronger and their case against the wrongful scapegoatism of them even more credible. For them, colleges became the source of salvation to pro life a disillusioned youth, who saw a greater future for Preventable? Essay this country. A generation ago, college was college. Essay. These days, it is very much a part of the Real World. The glory of what it was has now become a crippling force of oppression, a fate from movie the good the bad ugly, which we cannot escape, where one must accept it and for those who protest, it will drag. The abuse of power is still in the hands of society but in a different form, the pressure to go to college.

Ive seen it with my own eyes, growing up deep in Palo Alto, CA. A child can no longer play a toy instrument, without it being interpreted as a sign that shes the next Mozart. Pro Life Essay. And a babys lingering glance at the television with the PGA tournament on is now a signal to parents that theyve given birth to the next Tiger Woods. Freedom is continually being taken away from the youth in pharisees the name of getting them into college, so that later, they can be free. The youth walk on eggshells these days, just as the generation before us did, but for them, they hid from a different oppressive fate. For us, we yearn for a bliss of our own, one untarnished by a good-intentioned yet unintentionally oppressive authority trying to do what they feel best. Its no wonder why we enjoy our college years in spite of college, for its no longer a choice we make.

College, once the pro life essay source of salvation for Suicide: Is it Preventable? the youth, is now the pro life essay scapegoat for the oppression felt by Gen Y from how are anabolic made, a world that they feel disillusioned by. To mainstream society, college has become an extremely expensive shortcut to essay freedom. Our reaction to this oppressive force is an attempt to regain our own sense of freedom from the invasion of the Real World in colleges. Students are fleeing to seek knowledge and meaning elsewherein the literal sense of the Is it Preventable? word, by leaving the country, drowning out the white noise of societys social mandates with our iPods or logging onto the Internet, or in the psychological sense, by retreating from reality thorough drug-induced stupors or complete apathy towards everything. Dozens of essay, my friends have studied abroad from Australia to Spain to Jordan, the country, not the basketball player.

I, too, fled with the mass exodus of students, feeling betrayed by of Myths Essay, this mystical college experience that others spoke of, not out of the country but to pro life essay New York University, where everyone from President John Sexton to Essay Wilde´s The Picture a freshman walking home from their first day of class could tell you that NYU isnt college, its just NYU. Maybe that is pro life, why I am so happy being there. Students will continue to apply to colleges in record numbers, and, relax, your tuition money will not be spent in Teen Is it Preventable? Essay vain, for none of us intend on essay, flunking out and son poem, all of us are working extremely hard because we see the outer value of the college experience, but that inner value is almost nonexistent. Instead, we retreat from the Real World just like you did, through means that may seem foreign to you now. We no longer flee to campuses; were forced there by our parents, by society, and by pressure from ourselves. Pro Life. Were not ungrateful or ignorant, rather we are humans invigorated by the same American Spirit as you once were, with the and Legends same desires that you once had, struggling to carve out our own paths to a better future.

In February 2005, the U.S. Department of Commerce announced that a college education nearly doubles the average income. To most people, this came as no surprise since the pro life essay common college philosophy argues that one of the primary purposes of attending college is meriting a higher income-earning job. Although this philosophy has gained respectable longevity, its influence on both parents and students may be starting to subside, significantly affecting college life. Two colleges of interest, Harvard College and the University of California: San Diego, share vastly similar average graduate starting salariesapproximately $51,000 annuallyyet the The Purpose Essay number of pro life essay, college applicants to pharisees zealots available spots at UCSD is only 2 to 1, which is dwarfed in comparison to Harvards colossal 11 to 1 ratio. Furthermore, the tuition at UCSD is nearly half that of Harvard, indicating that higher education has evidently developed some significant non-economic incentives over the years. Today, typical college life still includes haranguing professors, grueling exams, frequent parties, and boisterous jocks, yet what remains variable is essay, why students actually go to college. Commonly, students explain that the purpose of Teen Suicide: Is it Preventable? Essay, their presence at college is either for a decent job or to experience new things.

Addressing the pro life essay latter, novelties at college are becoming scarce even for adventurous students. The Purpose Of Myths. Forty years ago, reading a banned book or delving into a foreign culture certainly would have been a fresh experience prior to the existence of the Internet and other globalizing technologies. Now, with a wave of information drenching society with answers to even most obscure questions, any adolescents curiosity can be satisfied by todays abundant, information-laden resources. Thus, new experiences are certainly not as much of a linchpin in college decisions today as they were before the information age, however, what still remains a question in college incentives is how good the financial return on pro life essay, college really is. Despite the substantial amount of debt-free bursaries such as scholarships and financial aid presently distributed to students, the average college graduate finds themselves in about $18000 of debt after they graduate. Although students are very cognizant of this financial burden, it seems that most studentsand parents for that matterare becoming less discouraged and movie ugly, more understanding of it as a necessary investment. In fact, since 1965 college enrolment has increased annually by 2.4%. Nevertheless, it takes most graduates well over five years before they can say goodbye to their financial woes spurred by essay, the need of essenes zealots, a good education. Ostensibly, the short-term economic incentive of going to college is losing its weight, but if it and other traditional college incentives are dissipating, what is now motivating youth to go to college? Perhaps one of the most pertinent, although reasonably imperceptible, changes with the past generation has been the pro life essay passing of a generation gap without a college education.

In other words, there are many more degree-holding parents today than there were with the previous generation. In turn, a new parental attitude, replete with expectations, has been established for about Analysis The Picture Grey a son or daughter to follow the often newly- founded family tradition. If not, neighbors and relatives without a post-secondary education are often admirable of better educated parents and encourage their own offspring to follow suit. This fervor begins to escalate with the other recent phenomenon of increased college selectivity, when the importance of going to a good college arises. Today, with a diverse job market, few high school students can say that they want to become an Encrinologistsomeone who studies hormoneswhen they grow up.

Not even parents can decide what their children will become with a liberal-arts education. Effectively, parents have become hungry for pro life security in knowing that their children will be successful, and giving their children the best education at a good college has emerged as a solution. Hence, national college rankings, such as those published by movie the bad, the U.S. News and World Report, have provided perhaps the most substantial college research for many parents and pro life, ambitious students. The most popular college rankings today primarily factor in the schools endowment, student-faculty ratio, number of applicants, and selectivity, all of which are nice things, yet none of them guarantee success (notably, average starting salaries are not a significant factor). Essentially, that is why the UCSD- Harvard phenomenon and those like it go overlookedin the 2007 USNWR rankings, Harvard ranked 2nd while UCSD ranked 38th. Collectively, all these motives have established one zealous mind-set, that attending college is a prerequisite for many good things in life. The fervently perceived necessity of attending college has bolstered the belief that simply there are no substitutes for a traditional college education.

As a result, the demand for a college education has become somewhat inelastic. Son Poem. In other words, an increase in tuition will have little impact on the number of college applicants. A generation ago, skyrocketing tuition similar to todays would have outright curtailed most of colleges glamour. In contrast, during the nineties, tuition increases met record highsaveraging annual tuition increases of 4.0% at public colleges and 3.5% at private colleges taking into essay account inflationyet the growth in college applicants sustained little decline. With college demand holding its ground, enrollment data likely presents a harbinger for continued persistence of tuition increases or, as a result of demand outpacing supply, an eventual emergence of a secondary market entailing untraditional forms of higher education. Perhaps some of these forms have already surfaced as online courses, workshops, and intermittent lectures, nonetheless, they will not evolve into actual substitutes for a traditional college education until they acquire until they acquire accreditation not only granted by son poem, employers, but widely by the public.

In becoming a staple experience and service, a college education has understandably gone through many shifts in perception steered by essay, the public eye. With an exponentially greater number of diverse graduates and movie the bad ugly, a much more stable community, higher education simply could not dominate a gubernatorial debate todayunlike with Ronald Reagan in pro life California during the sixtieslet alone a presidential debate. Hence, college has lost much of pharisees sadducees essenes, its popularity on essay, the campaign road and generally in the political realm. To an son poem, even greater extent, college has lost much of its glamour with those who know it best, students. Another downside to the custom of college is that youth commonly feel obligated or coercedwhether it is by their parents or societyto attend college, and essay, making many students disillusioned. Essay About Analysis Of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture Of Dorian. Of course, many objective observers may be indifferent, but when it comes down to studentss attitude towards their education, they get out of college what they put into it, and reluctance undoubtedly reduces effort. Perhaps this substantiates much of the discrepancy in pro life essay college life between the pharisees sadducees essenes enthusiasm of the sixties and the apathy of today observed in a number of students by Rick Perlstein explained in his article, Whats The Matter With College?. To summarize, over the past forty years, college as an institution has negligibly changed, yet alterations in pro life essay college incentives have redefined the college experience considerably. Fighting the Non-Identity of Generation Why 8:30 am.

My alarm went off and The Purpose, I struggled to get out of bed. Pro Life Essay. Another day, another class. I only pharisees zealots, had six weeks left in Chile. I needed take finals, get credit for my classes and get some traveling done. I finally got on the bus, but when I arrived to class, I was greeted with one of the little treats of Chilean life: all the students were on strike, protesting the federal government. Essay. Classes would be postponed until further notice. This took the Americans by surprise. A national strike had been organized by high school students and by proxy, the University students went on strike to support the cause. Professors were locked out of their offices and classrooms, students were sleeping in the school buildings for movie the good and the ugly days on essay, end, signs were scattered all over the streets, school desks and chairs were thrown over gates and The Purpose of Myths and Legends Essay, classes were postponed indefinitely.

It was hard to believe that a bunch of 13 year olds could have collective bargaining power with the federal government. But, in Chile, it could actually work. This would never happen in pro life the United States, I thought to myself. June 2007. Teen Is It Preventable? Essay. Washington DC. Graduation from the essay George Washington University.

Four years of college went by essenes zealots, so fast. $200,000 later and there I was, walking across the stage, receiving my diploma. I looked around the auditorium at my fellow peers and wondered if college had really been everything I had hoped for. I grew up in San Francisco and had been called a little revolutionary by adults who knew me. I expected college to be an incubator of social change and I was ready to lead it. Often, however, my idea of what college should be like was not at pro life essay, all close to the reality. As a columnist for the school newspaper, I wrote about The Purpose of Myths Essay, a lot of campus issues, and tried to essay address the Essay of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture seeming lack of interest in youthful dissidence. My ideas were well received, but never received any follow up. Eventually, I labeled my generation as Generation Why because unlike so many generations before us, we seemed to pro life essay lack a collective identity and Analysis of Oscar, a set of beliefs. I did my part.

I led protests and wrote my radical ideas. I contributed. But, walking across that stage, with thirty years of debt to look forward to, I couldnt help but wonder if I could have tried harder. Essay. Ever since I came back from Chile, I felt that there was still hope for my generation to stand up against the cuts in education funding, against the outrageous testing fees, and demand a future similar to the ones our parents lived. But, maybe, we didnt deserve it. I looked at my college experience similar to my favorite literary dissident, Jack Kerouac: Colleges being nothing but grooming schools for the middleclass non-identity which usually finds its perfect expression on son poem, the outskirts of the campus in rows of well-to-do houses with lawns and television sets in each living room with everybody looking at the same thing and thinking the same thing at the same time while the Japhies of the world go prowling in pro life the wilderness. The Dharma Bums, 1958.

Kerouacs writings challenged post-war America and the values and social norms of the 1950s, which then served as a catalyst into the countercultural movement of the 1960s. I felt an affinity with Kerouac because he challenged his generation, one that had been flat and lacking substance, into vibrancy. Suicide: Is It. I always hoped that my columns could serve to inspire and help us break free from pro life essay, our mundane tendencies. In Rick Perlsteins essay, Whats the Matter with College? he described his college experience as delightfully noisy and dissident. In many ways he had the experience I had hoped to achieve. Perlsteins essay suggests that college today is the good the bad and the ugly, just another false product on the market over essay, priced and poorly made. It suggests that Generation Y has been schemed and swindled into pharisees sadducees essenes getting a [goddamn] bachelors degree. And that todays college students need a refund and a reason why the so-called college experience has disappeared.

As if in a eulogy speech to pro life baby boomers everywhere, I could almost hear him say with a sigh, All you young people have left is son poem, a melancholy gathering of pro life essay, blackboards, classrooms and chairs. The problem with Perlsteins essay though, is that it assumes that the and Legends Essay same parameters for essay receiving a college education exist. Teen Is It Preventable? Essay. It is 2007, not 1967. College has become a business, rather than a utopia of educational bliss. There are more people than ever before going to pro life essay college.

Getting into even a mediocre college is almost impossible by yesterdays standards and therefore young people arent always concerned with fight for civil rights, but rather, just getting in. The middle class is getting stretched to the bottom of its means in order to send their children to the best school they can get into. Parents are taking out second mortgages and forfeiting family vacations. It could be easy to Analysis of Oscar Wilde´s suggest that what is wrong with college today are the college students themselves. They are the ones to pro life essay blame for falling into Teen Preventable? Essay societies trap of SATs and application fees, matching Target linens, internet profiles and addiction to pro life Starbucks espresso. We are that pathetic perhaps and then some.

Thank you for pointing that out.. But the Teen Suicide: Is it Essay truth is, there are few children privileged enough to be radical and countercultural. The stakes have been raised too high for most of pro life essay, us turn our backs on society and chance the possible expulsion or jail time for their beliefs. I also believe that like Kerouac, we are part of an era of conservatism and mainstream tendencies. Perlstein was lucky enough to be part of an Is it Preventable? Essay, era of freedom of thought and reaction. It seems that Perlstein forgot to mention that the explosion college as a political platform and a vibrant electorate came after years of conformity and boredom in essay the University setting. So is the college experience less critical to the nation than it was a generation ago? The answer is The Purpose of Myths and Legends Essay, NO.

As Perlstein wrote, everyone says higher education is more important than ever to Americas future. This I believe is still true. The reason, however, why it may not seem that college is pro life essay, interesting enough to become a topic of national obsession or controversial enough to fight a gubernatorial campaign over is because the voice of youth is being oppressed in son poem the United States. Essay. While in other parts of the world, such as Chile, Generation Y does have a purpose. But, today the people who led the radical movements during the 1960s and 1970s are oppressing the voice of Generation Y. They are in power now and should be taking out their bleeding hearts and the good and the ugly, lending it to pro life our cause. Instead they are hemorrhaging the social security fund and leaving us with no retirement, while we wallow through years of debt.

We still feel the need to movie and the be heard, to pro life essay be recognized and to achieve something for Essay Analysis The Picture of Dorian Grey our generation. Unfortunately, we are at essay, the mercy of our elders. And they have turned their backs on us. There are some twentysomethings who still love to play bongo drums and string guitar to Dylan, take road trips, and of Myths, drink the essay kool-aid. There are handfuls of Suicide: Is it Essay, us who act as proselytes of chaos and irreverent tendencies. We still have our moments of intellectual combustion. Pro Life. If youre lucky you may have met one of us. The beat does lives on in Generation Y, but we have not been given the same stage to stand up and speak as generations before us. Son Poem. The microphone has been turned off and unplugged. The show is over.

In July, The Magazine published What's the Matter With College, an essay by the historian Rick Perlstein, online and invited college students across the United States to respond. Some 600 undergraduates did -- many agreeing with Perlstein's assertion that college as America used to understand it is coming to an end, many dismissing his argument as so much nostalgic pap, still others taking the occasion to critique higher education from an insider's perch. To continue the conversation, we're featuring the winning student essay and pro life essay, four runners-up, and posting another 450 of the entries in Essay a searchable format. (The other entries were withdrawn by their authors or did not follow the contest's rules.)

Write My Paper Apa Style - NRLC Pro-Life Essay Contest | National Right to Life

Buy Essay Online Help and Buy Professionals Essays - NRLC Pro-Life Essay Contest | National Right to Life

an article on resume Upon several occasions throughout your career you will need to provide your potential employer with important information about your background and essay your qualifications. The most common method to provide information to potential employers is to create a resume. A resume can create a vivid word picture of how are anabolic yourself. The World Wide Web (WWW) has recently became more popular, and is often considered the newest form of popular media by many people. Pro Life! In fact, making your resume available on the World Wide Web is comparable to how are steroids broadcasting it on national television during prime time hours.

The most obvious benefit you will immediately receive by making your resume available on the Web is that you will reach an unlimited number of people and have opened new doors to audiences you would otherwise probably have never reached before. Many companies will visit college resume lists searching for potential employees. If you have your resume on paper but not on the Web, they will undoubtedly never see it. Another benefit of creating an electronic resume is pro life cost. Many colleges provide space on their web server for how are their students' resumes free of charge. Using college web servers, students can practically eliminate paper and printing costs. Rather than performing mass mailings of your resume, you can reduce the number of printed copies you will need and reserve these for companies you are particularly interested in. Pro Life Essay! Other benefits you will receive by creating an HTML resume include: the ability to pharisees essenes zealots provide electronic links to pro life essay your reference and previous employers as well as providing links to how are anabolic steroids previous jobs or projects you have been involved with the ability to make updates immediately available ease of maintainability the ability to pro life essay show that you can adapt to, and use new technology as it becomes available (a plus to many employers) simply making your resume look more professional. Son Poem! By creating your resume using HTML and making it available on essay the World Wide Web, you will improve your chances of getting a job that best suits your interests as well as your employer's interests. Writing Your Resume in HTML Format.

CREATE YOUR RESUME ON A WORD PROCESSOR AND PRINT IT. When writing your resume, consult English books, writing guides, or take advantage of career services provided by many universities. Be sure to of Myths have someone proofread and review your resume. Many instructors in the English department of a University will gladly proofread your resume, but be sure to give it to him/her enough in advance to provide enough time to review it and so that it will not be an inconvenience to him/her. Remember to be courteous and thank them; after all, they are doing you a big favor.

It is much better to have a professor see your mistakes while you have the chance to correct them than for a potential employer to see them. It is important that your resume be grammatically correct as well as in the correct format. Your resume is often the first impression an employer will receive. It will be easier to htmlify your resume if you have already created it. Essay! By creating your resume first you can focus on formatting it rather than trying to create it and format it at the same time. SAVE YOUR WORD-PROCESSED RESUME IN TEXT (.txt) FORMAT. This can usually be done by using the save as option found under the file utilities of The Purpose of Myths and Legends Essay your favorite word processor. If you are unable to locate a save as feature for your word processor consult your user's manual or contact customer support.

After selecting save as choose text or Ascii text from the available list of formats. By saving your resume in text form, you will be able to add HTML formatting tags more easily. Although you could save your file in other formats, saving in text format will make it easier to edit because text file format does not save any formatting information. Other file formats embed formatting information like boldface, italics, and indentations as part of the file. When you view or edit word processor formatted files you will see formatting information that is unreadable by HTML browsers, thus you will need to pro life essay delete it before you will be able to proceed.

Editors allow you to change files without embedding formatting options such as boldface, italics and underscoring into the file. The Bad Ugly! Many editors are available to use. Some of the most common are: edit on DOS machines and PCs; emacs and vi on pro life UNIX workstations; and edit on VAX/VMS machines. You can also use your favorite word processor to The Purpose and Legends open a text file. For more information on the editor you will use, consult your system administrator or read your user's manual. Essay! Which editor you should use depends upon how are, the type of system you are using and your preference between the editors on essay your system. Make sure you use an editor that you are familiar with.

By using an unfamiliar editor you will find yourself spending most of your time trying to learn to use the editor rather than actually creating your resume. Throughout the remainder of Essay Analysis of Oscar The Picture this document I will base the steps on the DOS editor and pro life essay a generic word processor. To open your resume, first open the editor by typing edit at a DOS prompt, or the appropriate command for the editor you intend to use. Next, choose the Open File option from the FILE menu. Fill in the good the bad and the ugly, the filename you choose earlier or use the pro life browse feature to Analysis of Oscar Wilde´s of Dorian locate the file. Elements of an HTML document are denoted using HTML tags. Pro Life! An HTML tag usually consists of a left angle bracket ( ). Tags are also usually paired (e.g. ltP and the good and the lt/P), the first is used to pro life essay identify the beginning of the movie the bad and the element and essay the second (usually lt/tagname) identifies the end of the element. Some tags may also contain additional information.

This information should be placed inside the angle brackets. For example, to pharisees sadducees essenes display a paragraph using full justification use ltP ALIGN=justifygt. HTML documents have a minimum requirement of tags. These tags are required by HTML browsers in order to essay recognize a file as a HTML file. Son Poem! The following is a summary of the required HTML tags: The required HTML tags must be placed in the appropriate order inside and HTML file. The following HTML is pro life essay a simple example of the minimum HTML document. Son Poem! Using indentation can greatly improve the pro life essay looks of your HTML, make it easier to read, and make it much easier to maintain. Although indentation is not required, you should always use it to improve your HTML.

The benefits greatly outweigh the extra time it takes to write your HTML. HTML browsers ignore extra white-space therefore the pharisees zealots indentation will not be visible when the document is pro life viewed using a HTML browser. Preventable?! Here is the previous example written using indentation to make it easier to read. ADD ADDITIONAL HTML FORMATTING TAGS AS NECESSARY. The use of pro life additional HTML tags will greatly enhance the appearance of your resume. Son Poem! HTML contains numerous tags to use, in addition many new tags will be added in pro life essay, the future. I could not possibly cover every tag here.

However, I will briefly describe some of the commonly used and most useful tags. For advanced options, or a more detailed list you should obtain a copy of the latest HTML reference manual. This manual can be found on the world wide web at http://www.sandia.gov/sci_compute/html_ref.html. The following table contains many of the most common and most useful HTML tags. You can use any of these tags by simply placing the The Purpose and Legends begin tag, the text to pro life essay format, and the end tag directly in your HTML document. You will find it useful to view your document as you make changes. See step 9 for instructions on son poem how to view your current HTML document. By doing this, you will become familiar with the effects of the tags. In order to ensure no word processor formatting options are saved into your file you should save your resume as a text file.

However, when you choose your filename you should give it the .html or .htm extension. To do this choose save as from the essay file menu. Next you should choose the sadducees essenes zealots text or ASCII text format from the available format list. Finally, type your filename in the filename input box as filename.html or filename.htm where filename is the name you wish to call your file (e.g. resume.html). CREATE AND/OR ACQUIRE ANY IMAGES YOU WANT TO USE IN YOUR RESUME. While creating images can be very fun and exciting, it is also very time consuming. There are many tools available to help you create your custom images such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Corel Draw, and MsPaint. Essay! For information on how to use these tools you should consult your user's manual.

An alternative to creating custom images is to find a non-copyrighted image on the world wide web and copy it. One method of locating useful and free images is to view clipart collections available on the web such as Caboodles of Suicide: Is it Clipart. Another method of locating useful images is to use the Yahoo search engine and search for pro life essay the image. To do this simply type image:keyword in the Yahoo's search box and pharisees sadducees essenes click on essay the search button. The Good The Bad Ugly! This type of searching is pro life very time consuming and steroids made often does not result in essay, any useful images. If you are unable to The Purpose of Myths and Legends create or locate the image you desire and feel that your resume would be incomplete without it, you should consider hiring a Graphics Artist to create the image for you. Although images can improve the pro life essay appearance of your resume, you should use them sparingly. Often the quality of Essay your resume decreases proportionally with an essay, increase in the number of images you add. Any graphics you use (except for a background) should be relatively small in size. Most web developers agree that large images take longer to son poem load and will in turn drive impatient viewers away from your page. In addition, you should keep the content of your images on a professional level unless the image directly relates to essay your job qualification.

For example it is acceptable to and the ugly have cartoons you've created on your resume if you're applying as a cartoonist. However, you should consider placing any such images on a second page and creating a link to it. ADD HTML IMAGE TAGS AS NECESSARY FOR EACH OF THE IMAGES YOU PLAN TO USE IN YOUR RESUME, AND SAVE YOUR RESUME (SEE STEP 6). To insert an pro life essay, image into your HTML resume open your resume in your editor, then use the ltIMG SRCgt tag to specify the location and filename of your image. For example, to display an image called computer.gif that is 32x45 in size, use the following tag: ltIMG SRC=directory/computer.gif ALT=Computer WIDTH=32 HEIGHT=45 BORDER=0gt. About Analysis Of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture! All images should be in the .GIF or .JPG file format. If you see a gray box with three small dots in it rather than your image, then the browser was unable to load your image. Possible causes of this problem are: you used an incompatible file format, the pro life essay image does not exist, you did not specify the correct filename or had a typographical error in the directory/filename, or the and Legends Essay file permissions were set incorrectly (UNIX workstations require that you set the file permissions of an image to 770. See your system administrator or consult a UNIX reference manual for help with setting file permissions). Be sure to save your resume after you make any changes. OPEN YOUR HTML RESUME IN A HTML BROWSER.

Open your HTML browser by clicking on pro life its Windows Icon, or by typing its execution command at the command prompt. Essay About Of Oscar Wilde´s Grey! There are many browsers available for use such as Netscape, Microsoft Explorer, and ICOMM. Consult your user's manual for help with using your HTML browser. Open your resume by clicking on the Open File option on the File menu. Essay! Next, type the The Purpose of Myths Essay filename you choose earlier in essay, the filename input box or using the browse feature to the good the bad ugly locate the file, then click on the ok button. Your resume should be displayed in pro life essay, the browser window. Viewing your resume in an HTML browser is an anabolic steroids, excellent way to ensure the content of your resume.

REPEAT STEPS 5 THROUGH 9 UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR RESUME. After reviewing your resume in an HTML browser, you should revisit steps 5 through 9 above and make any necessary changes. Essay! Once you are familiar with the Teen Is it Preventable? Essay process of creating a HTML document, most of these steps can be performed as necessary in any order. You should get your resume to a point that you are satisfied with before preceding. In order to essay ensure that you have not made any mistakes in the uniform resource locator (URL) addresses, you should click on each of the links you've created using your HTML browser. Links that do not work are nicknamed broken links.

Broken links are highly unprofessional and will affect the impression a potential employer has on your resume. Broken links are usually the result of a typographical error or a link to a web site that no longer exists. Sadducees! Because the web is constantly changing, you should only create hypertext links to sites that are relatively stable. In order for your resume to be visible to the rest of the world, you must have current internet provider. Essay! Many universities provide the resources for students to install their resumes. Contact your University Webmaster to obtain information. You can often locate the essenes Webmaster through an email address on the universities main web page. After you have completed your HTML resume, copy it and all of the images you have used to the directory your web provider specifies.

After installing your HTML resume you should always test it. Visit the URL your web provider supplies to insure it was installed properly. You should always respond to potential employers that contact you as soon as possible. In addition you should always mail a paper copy of your resume to any potential employers. By showing sincere interest, you will increase an employer's impression. The Source For Java Development. Java Report . March/April 1996. Java Report is essay a relatively new magazine for software developers using the of Myths Essay Java environment. Java is a relatively new software developing environment that allows software developers to implement more complex features such as Net-based electronic transactions and delivering interactive content across the Web. Java Report combines programming tips, new technology, application trends and corporate issues to bring the reader a broader range of pro life essay information.

In one of the articles Philip David Meese does an excellent job of explaining to the reader how to create his/her first Java application. His article was well written and was equivalent in content to anabolic a small course. The article The Java Tutor provides clear and concise information as well as easy to understand example code. I strongly agree with Mr. Meese's confidant statement by the time you finish reading this article, you'll be able to develop a Java application. An entire section of Java Report is devoted to Product Review. In this section the authors review Java related products and provide information to the reader. This information was the equivalent of a Consumer Reports article.

This section is a great source of information about pro life essay individual products. In general, Java Report is a great source of Essay information relating to the use and development of Java applications for any software developer. However, some of the technical articles may be beyond the scope of the average reader. Rampe, David. Cyberspace Resumes Fit the Modern Job Hunt. Essay! The New York Times . 3 February 1997, sec.

C6. In his article Cyberspace Resumes Fit the Modern Job Hunt David Rampe discusses the advantages and disadvantages of an HTML resume. Movie The Bad And The Ugly! The article, which appeared in The New York Times' Taking In the Sites section provides some very useful information regarding resumes. Some of the topics Mr. Pro Life Essay! Rampe discusses includes the searchability of about Analysis The Picture of Dorian Grey HTML resumes, electronic filling, industry jargon, and the dehumanization of the process. Pro Life! Mr. Rampe also discusses the importance of writing your HTML resume in the proper fashion, to the computer. He states that you must resolve mentally to address your resume to 'Dear Computer. Teen Is It Preventable? Essay! ' and pro life just ignore the dehumanization of son poem it all. In addition, the article provides the URLs for eleven electronic sources to help the reader get started.

Each of the sources listed are excellent sources of information and should be reviewed by anyone who decides to pro life essay create and HTML resume. Rampe also discusses cookie-cutter forms available on Preventable? Essay the World Wide Web to help the least experienced computer user create his/her HTML resume. In general, Mr. Rampe provides an ample amount of information and resources necessary to create an HTML resume. Rampe provides both the pros and the cons of an HTML resume in an unbiased fashion, leaving the essay reader to decide the necessity of an HTML resume. Sandia National Laboratories. HTML Reference Manual , 2 January 1996. Sandia National Laboratories' HTML Reference Manual is, in my opinion, the steroids made most complete and useful source of HTML information. Although the manual is currently over a year old, the pro life essay information it contains is accurate, precise and very helpful.

The HTML Reference Manual begins with and The Picture introduction to HTML in pro life essay, general, then lists important terms and son poem definitions. Next the authors validate the document's content by discussing the conformance guideline RFC 1866, commonly referred to as HTML Version 2. The authors also discuss the importance of Sandia requirements for specific HTML elements. Next the authors discuss the general breakdown of HTML into: General HTML syntax, HTML Comments, HTML Elements, Uniform Resource Locators (URL), Special Characters, and Internal Icons. Finally, the authors break down over one hundred HTML elements into a description, minimum attributes, all possible attributes, elements allowed within, allowed in content of, and pro life essay variations. In addition the document contains an easy to son poem use index which allows the reader to jump directly to any element of pro life essay interest. The Bad And The! The HTML Reference Manual provides the most complete reference manual available. In addition it is pro life well written, well organized and very easy to Suicide: Is it Preventable? Essay use. This document is an excellent source of information for both the novice and expert HTML programmers.

Authors Note: Windows, DOS, Paint Shop Pro, MsPaint, Yahoo, Café, Netscape, ICOMM and Microsoft Internet Explorer are copyrighted by their respective owners.

Write My Paper Mla Format - NRLC Pro-Life Essay Contest | National Right to Life

Buy Essay For College - Pro Life vs Pro Choice Essay - 772 Words | Cram

Essay: Nokia PESTLE analysis, SWOT analysis, Five Forces, Marketing Mix 4Ps, 3Ps more. Todays organizations find themselves operating in an environment that is changing faster than ever before. Pro Life. The activity of son poem studying the implications of theses transformations and adjusting the pro life essay, way that organizations reply to them is known as business strategy. The first political decision which have chances to affect Nokia in the UK is the rate of tax .This has the ability to affect both the primary line of the company because of corporation tax but also the ability and power of customers to spend with Nokia and its services, linked to income tax. Today, level of corporation tax in the UK has been decreased to try encourage and vitalize economical activities [1] Second Key the decision considers interest rates. Son Poem. For the present time UK interest rate is stagnates at pro life a relatively low level of 0.5% [2].This may be represents a huge chance for firms like Nokia which is able to borrow large amount of money to realize the ambition of Capital expansion . In a global perspective, the UK political system based upon parliamentary democracy may provide Nokia with relatively low risk political environment in which to operate within.[3] It is son poem, capital that Nokia knows about the economy background and position of host country such as the rate of currency exchange, inflation .etc to boost the investment to reach financial, comical and personal security with future plans.

Where they may be less clients who have the ability to buy the product and get various services of Nokia due to pro life a dramatically increase of unemployment in the UK ( 0.86 m in 2007 to Essay about of Oscar The Picture of Dorian Grey 1.53 m in pro life 2011) , potential or current customers who remain in employment have in the general case become richer . Son Poem. Even if the number of customers keeps falling down, thanks to essay these economic patterns Nokia may be able to record an Teen Suicide: Is it Preventable? Essay increase on its average spend per essay customer. By analyzing the graphs above which indicates the annual UK GDP growth from 1948 to movie the good the bad and the ugly 2012 we can easily distinguish that: The lowest levels of growth have been seen in 2012[ GDP growth of 1.8%] and 2011[ with GDP growth of 1.8 % ][4] These figures seem to cause a quite negative repercussion on pro life, retailers such as Nokia which is profoundly attached to movie the UK economy and pro life source of Analysis Wilde´s of Dorian Grey revenue. Today mobile phone is not just a simple communication gadget, but become a companion in the day-to-day life and work friends. All the social levels of our society use different types of phones on pro life essay, different frequencies to satisfy their personal needs and wants, against their differences in of Myths and Legends Essay race, nationality, religion, beliefs or income. What does Nokia do to improve its reputation and socials image inside and outside the UK?[6]

Mobile phones become a fashion element , a decoration a way to show personal identity and essay thats why Nokia has launched more and more fashion phone such as Lumia series mobile phone Nokia has been a part of son poem a number of industry organizations and scientific forums. The company Nokia is currently supporting the ICNIRP ( International Commission on Non Ionizing Radiation Protection ) and the World Health Organization ( WHO) Nokia exercise the Code of Conduct Globally in its procedure and require the same standards from its suppliers. Nokia has been promoting the farm and its new products on pro life, social network such as Facebook and son poem Twitter and provide customers with ongoing promotional activities that the company has produced. Nokia has established a website to help consumers read about the features articles, and help them to acquire knowledge about Nokia products.[5] Technology is able to diminish costs, upgrade quality and lead to enhancement. Key technological development such as the internet have allowed firms such as Nokia to develop online business models which complement traditional bricks and mortar retail establishments. Having Microsoft as partner Brings a vast range of technological advantages like Windows phone mobile platform . Latest innovation in pro life essay camera technology (PureView) and Location and Commerce ( LC) platform has enabled Nokia to keep an edge on the rivals to get competitive advantage. Nokia has really weak hardware components ( expect for camera) Intellectual property is the fundamental element to any technological business and sadducees must be cared for and protected to the entire extent to secure the fact that the business does not lose out to pro life rivals . What does Nokia have to The Purpose and Legends Essay do in the legal field?

Nokia is required to design corporate policies which facilitate equality. Following the pro life essay, UKs registration , Nokia has to pay its employees a minimum of 6.19 ?? per hour for movie the good and the ugly those aged over 21 [7] When Nokia releases a product with an innovative capability it is vital to protect the rights to it through patents, copyrights, trademarked or design.[8] Nokia carefully tries to limit and reduce its energy consumption and make sure to pro life essay garantee that materials are ethically sourced. Nokia is one of the worlds companies when it comes to climate change disclosure. Nokia gives access to Nokia Store Green channel in its application store which are resposible for collecting all the green-minded apps in how are steroids one initial place.

Nokia also provides multiple applications that focus on environment e.g Nokia energy profiler , WWf , EcoGuru,Climate Mission 3D. One of the big Strengths of the Nokia company is their large network of selling and distribution it has the largest distributor of pro life essay mobile phone in Teen Suicide: Essay the mobile phone industry, their strong brand name also is pro life, a big point and son poem also experience theyve been there for 142 years and their products are user friendly and pro life very durable and have high re-sale value. One of the biggest weaknesses of the Nokia Company is ugly, their poor after sale service and they have very few service centers, and they took a long time to enter the new Smartphone market so they lost a lot of their market share. One of the big opportunities the Nokia Company have is their deal with Microsoft because it is a win-win situation for them especially if they cooperate and pro life use their resources to develop and expand the range of products and the prices and to increase their presence in the market. One of the biggest threats of the Nokia Company is the cheap and the good the bad and the the low cost Chinese mobile phone companies that are in pro life the market, and also the big and fierce competition between the Smartphone companies which will be very difficult for Nokia to keep and enlarge their current market. Nokia is one of the companies that take the Porter 5 forces into consideration in term of its suppliers, competitors, costumers and new entrants. Threat of new entrants: Any company in pharisees the business industry can face problems and issues from the entry of new companies into the market. Having low barriers for new entrance might affect Nokia in the Mobile phone industry however Nokia is using first large amount of investment which help them to use new technology whenever it takes place, thats why the barriers for new entrants in pro life essay the phone market is The Purpose, highly protected because small companies need high capital in order to compete against established organization such as Nokia. Example can be taken is Nokia hold 29 percent of the market share in the industry.

Power of suppliers: Generally this factor means that suppliers have power to pro life essay take control of the market or the company itself. In the case of Nokia, it relies on suppliers to provide necessary equipment for their advanced phones for example Microsoft is working with Nokia in term of Teen providing new generation of mobile phones with the use of Microsoft software. So we could say that Nokia has only one supplier that have good power which is Microsoft, on the other hand Nokia can switch to any hardware suppliers as far as they provide them with cheap material and low cost. Powers of buyers: In this force, the company should have well understanding and be aware of it as one of the pro life, factor that can easily change the company success from gaining to failing. Buyers have all the power to choose the best company that is providing good products with cheap prices, thats why Nokia is facing big issue from Suicide: Is it Essay, having many competitors in the market which costumers can easily switch from you to others. As conclusion we could say that Buyers have highly power to choose any company depends on their needs and satisfaction. Threats of substitutes products. Mobile phones are very useful in pro life our life today. The Bad. It would be very hard for people to replace phones with something else; however if we think that substitute is having different companies that can provide similar or different products than the one Nokia is selling or offering in the market, we could said that Nokia has very large number of substitute in the phones industry and its one of the main problem that Nokia is facing such Apple and Samsung are taking place and having good power in the market.

Nokia has many competitors in the phones markets; it used to be in the first place however it decreases from pro life essay, its position and left the competition to 2 big Companies such as Apple and Samsung. The reason behind this is these companies have been using new technology by providing customers with new smart phones while Nokia stood on normal phones, also Nokia couldnt find a way to compete again Iphone in smartphones category. I. Demographic Segmentation. High Income Group. Casters to the upper segment of the society with high purchase power e.g Nokia Asha501, Lumia925 ,Lumia920, Lumia720Etc. Medium Income Group. Caters to the segments which give more importance to the value for money e.g Nokia Asha 206, Asha205?.Etc. Low Income Group. Caters to this segment which have very low income and use mobile phones only for calling purpose e.g Nokia 112,Nokia 103, Nokia113Etc. II.

Psychographic Segmentation. Nokia has selected a number of segments and come out with product for each of them thereby ensuring its presence in the complete market. Nokias positioning statement is: Connecting People. Nokia wants to be seen in the market as the brand of Suicide: Is it Preventable? All purse All purpose All personalities. Mission and Objectives. Nokias corporate objectives are as follows. Become a number one in customer and essay consumer loyalty. Nokia solve the consumer problem in a more efficient way or provide superior benefits compare to the solutions marketed by competitors. It gains market share through gathering information about consumer needs and then designing product and services to Analysis The Picture closely meet these needs. Become a number one in product leadership. Nokia offer a wide range of mobile phones, apps, social networks and internet enable features.

They provide mobile phones with different features such as camera strength, screen sizes, processers etc. Become a number one in operational excellence. Nokia have a great after sale service that creates maintain relationships such as warranties, feedback system about the products replacement and pro life essay repair services. Nokia objectives are reliable with the internal and external environment. It has explicit goals and time frames the Nokia employees can use to guide and evaluate their performance. The objectives are also bendable that they can be applied to a broadening product and service line. This elasticity will be necessary because Nokia operates in the good the bad a dynamic environment. Marketing Mix 4Ps. Nokia devices have many features that still attract the pro life, consumer one of the main and popular feature of it is Teen Is it Essay, that they have a long battery life. Nokia module is also built strongly, have strong resistible power.

As they are adapting to generation there smartphone uses windows software and some smartphone also have dual sim card which is very new for pro life the market competing with other company. Nokia is very active in developing new product to Essay about Analysis of Oscar Wilde´s The Picture Grey match the competition on the market. They have recently launched its new tablet called Nokia N1 on its website which uses android OS software. As they are in pro life essay introduction phase they are almost extinct in the market but as they grow slowly they take a fast phase but do not remain in its maturity which leads to declination of the product from the market. Nokia pricing for its product is very unique. They have the lowest cost of mobile device which cost around 17 pounds and a normal range i.e. smartphone cost around 400 pounds on its initial stage and lastly they also have premium product called Nokia vertu on Gold or platinum which cost around 2000 pounds. Nokia also sells its product in of Myths and Legends cheap on contract basis for example in Europe if we compare Nokia with other big brands such as Samsung or apple Nokia is selling its product in cheapest price per month two year plan . Nokia uses price skimming strategy which is at its introduction stage they have a high pricing on its product but as they grow they reduce their price drastically which attracts more consumer. Nokia approaches selective strategy which focusing on their best potential market.

They know their market and solely focus on them. They also have retail store around the world but recently they have closed down of Eastern Europe and North / South America. But they sell online around the essay, world. In electronic retail store such as Carphone, phone 4u we can find Nokias product.. Nokia also have online sellers such as amazon, snapdeal. They keep on reminding the customer about their product and gives information about their new launches as well. They provide gifts and Analysis Wilde´s The Picture offer such as if a customer buys a Nokia product then they get free accessories like earphones, headphones and many more. Pro Life Essay. They provide holiday offer for example in Chinese new year they reduce the price of Nokia provide in son poem a drastic number.

They have collaboration with big brands such as Redbull,National geographic and many more . 3PS and pro life essay Evaluation. People create product, ensure day-to-day operations of a business and satisfy customer needs. Reputation of a brand is predominately determined by the performance of Teen Suicide: Is it its people, hence the overall performance of the pro life, firm. Business leaders ability to find team players who possess enthusiasm, willingess to learn positivity, is key to the success of their businesses.. Son Poem. Staffs need to pro life be well trained, improve their soft skills, also with the attitude and Is it Preventable? team work. The company also need to motivate the essay, staff by compensation (base and bonus salary), and moral motivation which are compliments, field trips, health care and insurance policy. The process of steroids made giving services, the way of its delivered is pro life essay, very important to customer satisfactions. Times and the way of information go through customers are what to keep customers happy and also the first impression of customers about the company. Therefore, when customers go to a store or they want to reach services, they must not wait more than 5-10 minutes to movie and the receive a help.

Staffs always need to ask and pro life essay listen to customers during introducing; offering products or services without any complain and please the and Legends, customers. Company also need to improve the customers services such as help landline 24/7, forum for customers of Nokia. Firstly, Nokia need to place and improve the sample of products in every retail or store. Pro Life. It is also a good thing to share the feedback and recommendation of each product and service of previous customers to new customers. It helps new customers to know about the advantages and disadvantages of that products and services. Nokia should provide new design for store, website and Essay Wilde´s The Picture product arrangement as well as maintaining them. Lastly, we need to open retail and pro life online shop. Control and movie the good the bad and the ugly Evaluation. The control function involves the development and essay implementation of how are anabolic made measurement programs to pro life evaluate progress toward organizational goals. (Kokemuller N., 2014) The control process starts with the establishment of standards of performance against Teen Suicide:, which organizational activities can be compared.

First of all, Market shares plays an important role in evaluating Nokias performance again its competitors. This chart below shows the global Smartphone market share held by Nokia each quarter from 2007 to 2013 (Statista, 2015) Q2 2013 Market share Smartphone is 3.1%, down -93.7% on pro life essay, Q1 2007 Market share figure of 46.7%. Essay About Analysis Grey. As the figures have been shown, there is a significant decrease over pro life essay the last 6 years in market shares of Nokia. Therefore, the how are anabolic steroids made, company needs to set a target of increasing the market shares by 3% of markets per annum over the next five years. This is a realistic target that which can be achieved by performing of carrying out these marketing strategies. 2014 Sales of pro life Nokia is 12.73 EUR billions, down -70% on 2010 Sales figure of the good 42.45 EUR billions. This shows that there is also extremely reduction over the last 4 years in sales of Nokia according by the Marketwatch, 2015. Essay. Therefore, the company should plan to son poem set a target of increasing by 10% of sales per annum over the 3 years.

It is estimated that at essay this rate of Sales, Nokia can gain back the Sales in the next 5-7 years. Search our thousands of essays: If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Business essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you. Each of us is Teen Is it Preventable?, qualified to a high level in our area of essay expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Business work in your email box, in as little as 3 hours. This Business essay was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words. If you use part of the good the bad and the this page in pro life essay your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Essay: Nokia PESTLE analysis, SWOT analysis, Five Forces, Marketing Mix 4Ps, 3Ps more . How Are Anabolic Steroids Made. Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/business/essay-nokia-pestle-analysis/ [03-10-17].

If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to pro life essay have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 13-09-17 - Event organisation: Merchant City festival 22-08-17 - Understanding Your Startups Cash Flows - NGOs Unicef - Revenue models - Working capital - Importance of customers in an unregulated market Parcelforce 12-08-17 - Impacts of global capitalism and internationalisation of economic activity - Strategic marketing plan Apple - Culture in organisations - Impact of movie the good the bad ugly choice of pro life country on starting a business. We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and Essay Analysis Wilde´s coursework writing service. Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of pro life Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in Essay Wilde´s England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .